Museums

Rate this topic

Reed422

17 hours ago, Chunkah said:

Did some work at a local museum and my favorite thing in the place was a sign that read "don't touch the art, let the art touch you."

That might land Art in jail.

17 hours ago, hobobob said:

maurizio-cattelan-banana.jpg

Some guy walked up, took the banana off the wall, and ate it. :laugh: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I'm not really a "car guy" but I really enjoyed the Michelin museum one rainy day.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

19 hours ago, DoOver said:

There was a tank museum in Mattituck Long Island, I think.

It closed up also, I think it moved to Connecticut?

Ya taking the American armory museum ? If so it in bethpage right next to old bethpage restoration .. it’s small but they have cool stuff and they all run and actually all privately owned ..  

my old boss is good friends with the director , I did a lot of work in there .. I’ve been on rides a few times .. you can pay a few hundred bucks and they take ya through woods on tank with dudes dessert up as germans popping out bushes firing blanks at ya ..  good guys there though that’s are crazy knowledgeable and passionate 

54541E7D-4399-4760-AE46-73BC846DA229.jpeg

A3795A0F-3DB0-418E-AE06-862649511EAD.jpeg

On 12/16/2019 at 10:16 AM, PlumFishing said:

Couple years ago we went to a wedding in Michigan and hit up the Henry Ford Museum. I had not looked into it beforehand, and assumed it would be all Ford cars and whatnot. Man, was I wrong, it had everything.  Place was amazing and if I ever get back to Michigan (god forbid) I'll go again.

(There is a Ford car specific museum in the vicinity)

Very cool place. Jfk's limo is there as is a bunch of other great americana stuff. Next to the museum is greenfield village. Ford bought a ton of old buildings and recreated the 1800's lifestyle. Edison's actual lab is there as is the original wright brothers bike shop.

For tr fans take a visit to sagamore hill in cold spring harbor. Very cool house. Pretty sure Wayne lives next door.

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

5 mins ago, i07nyc said:

Very cool place. Jfk's limo is there as is a bunch of other great americana stuff. Next to the museum is greenfield village. Ford bought a ton of old buildings and recreated the 1800's lifestyle. Edison's actual lab is there as is the original wright brothers bike shop.

For tr fans take a visit to sagamore hill in cold spring harbor. Very cool house. Pretty sure Wayne lives next door.

We didn't make it to the village, which is why I want to go back and spend a day there.

Few pictures:

- Car Kennedy was shot in (they later added a roof and it went back into service)

- Cool gun (great firearm exhibit there)

- Chair Lincoln was shot in

- Red

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

11 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

We didn't make it to the village, which is why I want to go back and spend a day there.

Few pictures:

- Car Kennedy was shot in (they later added a roof and it went back into service)

- Cool gun (great firearm exhibit there)

- Chair Lincoln was shot in

- Hilliars hero Democrat Senator Robert Byrd or simply any random Democrat

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

Kindly refrain from viciously slandering beloved members here.

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin

42 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Ya taking the American armory museum ? If so it in bethpage right next to old bethpage restoration .. it’s small but they have cool stuff and they all run and actually all privately owned ..  

my old boss is good friends with the director , I did a lot of work in there .. I’ve been on rides a few times .. you can pay a few hundred bucks and they take ya through woods on tank with dudes dessert up as germans popping out bushes firing blanks at ya ..  good guys there though that’s are crazy knowledgeable and passionate 

54541E7D-4399-4760-AE46-73BC846DA229.jpeg

A3795A0F-3DB0-418E-AE06-862649511EAD.jpeg

I've been to the restoration but I've never heard of that museum.

Cool.

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin