Reed422

Museums

Rate this topic

147 posts in this topic

Any of you heathens like museums? Went out to North Adams with the lady over the weekend. We checked out the Masss MoCa an Clark Art Institute. The moca was really something, cool space there. While I didn’t really like all the art in the moca it was a interesting to see how they transformed a electric plant into a museum. I will 100% be back. The Clark was pretty eh as far as I’m concerned. Most of the art there was boring to me. Either way a great weekend. I live close to the MFA I should go there more. 

In Middleburg NY there is a monument to The Hero Of the Battle of Saratoga, Timothy Murphy, this Countries first hero sniper.

On orders of General Benedict Arnold, Murphy shot General Simon Fraser at 300 yards.

Sniper Murphy then shot Faser's replacement, Francis Clerke.

This turned the tide of the Battle to an important American win.

Or youse can slurp wine an look at painted pictures.

Stopped in at the Met yesterday. Had a Marathon NYC day with the family for no real reason. Just something to do. My favorite is looking in a glass case at a rock axe that was used by some guy 300,000 years ago. Crazy ****. Creepiest thing was a Skull Hook from Papau New Guinea. Can you imagine the rock star status if you had Terri's skull hanging from your skull hook? You'd get all the chicks.

10 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Stopped in at the Met yesterday. Had a Marathon NYC day with the family for no real reason. Just something to do. My favorite is looking in a glass case at a rock axe that was used by some guy 300,000 years ago. Crazy ****. Creepiest thing was a Skull Hook from Papau New Guinea. Can you imagine the rock star status if you had Terri's skull hanging from your skull hook? You'd get all the chicks.

Wow that's awesome. Major street cred for  Terrigay scalp for sure.

41 mins ago, HopHead said:

What has happened to you?

I've always enjoyed art.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

Weed check out the Harvard museum of natural history, lot of cool stuff in there.

Went there for the first time last winter, pretty cool joint. I believe on sundays it's free. 

Couple years ago we went to a wedding in Michigan and hit up the Henry Ford Museum. I had not looked into it beforehand, and assumed it would be all Ford cars and whatnot. Man, was I wrong, it had everything.  Place was amazing and if I ever get back to Michigan (god forbid) I'll go again.

(There is a Ford car specific museum in the vicinity)

2 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Couple years ago we went to a wedding in Michigan and hit up the Henry Ford Museum. I had not looked into it beforehand, and assumed it would be all Ford cars and whatnot. Man, was I wrong, it had everything.  Place was amazing and if I ever get back to Michigan (god forbid) I'll go again.

(There is a Ford car specific museum in the vicinity)

Newport car museum is cool....not sure its worth the trip by itself, but if you find yourself in the area....