jimbass

st croix travel rod

13 posts in this topic

I am looking for a good dependable travel rod, 3 pieces not 4. Would a st Croix medium tidemaster be too much over the top for freshwater bass fishing in Florida? I know it is rated for salt water, but the line ratings and lure ratings correspond to freshwater bass fishing. It would be a spinning rod.

Rods, or blanks don't care how you use them, specs are fluid depending on the factory. G Loomis builds rods on the same blank for freshwater steelhead, walleye and inshore saltwater, only the grip lengths are different depending on the application.

Thanks for the replies, I purchased a st Croix premier 6.6 mh spinning rod instead. The travel rod was just a little bit out of my price range. Its lure range is 1/2 ounce to 1 once. Now I have to find a reel to match it. A 3000 size spinning reel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/3/2020 at 1:17 AM, jimbass said:

Thanks for the replies, I purchased a st Croix premier 6.6 mh spinning rod instead. The travel rod was just a little bit out of my price range. Its lure range is 1/2 ounce to 1 once. Now I have to find a reel to match it. A 3000 size spinning reel.

stradics and ballistics. honorable mention daiwa bg, I've been eyeing a 3k clash too im just waiting for a bigger sale but not sure how big it can get with the current ones

Edited by kombi_rs

On 12/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, jimbass said:

I am looking for a good dependable travel rod, 3 pieces not 4. Would a st Croix medium tidemaster be too much over the top for freshwater bass fishing in Florida? I know it is rated for salt water, but the line ratings and lure ratings correspond to freshwater bass fishing. It would be a spinning rod.

Check out CA Richardson ( flats class ) he just came out with his signature travel rods by Falcon . I have two Flacon coastal series fantastic rods and the mid  range price Spin or bait casting you can’t go wrong . Like any rod best if you can feel and match with the reel . I fish the Tampa Bay and Tarpon Lake in Florida with the same rod different conditions of course  

You could have gone with one of the Okuma travel rods.

They are a really good quality and are priced right.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:02 AM, kombi_rs said:

stradics and ballistics. honorable mention daiwa bg, I've been eyeing a 3k clash too im just waiting for a bigger sale but not sure how big it can get with the current ones

You should have picked on up on black friday from Dicks, they were 25%off.

But, hopefully a new sale will pop up.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good luck 

Edited by Hook I

20 hours ago, Beastly Backlash said:

You should have picked on up on black friday from Dicks, they were 25%off.

But, hopefully a new sale will pop up.

yeah the clashes are on sale a lot. I'm thinking a new clash might come out?