ksong

10' and 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular surf rods

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I believe the 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular rods are one of the strongest rods in the market.

We got big cubera snapper with it in Mexico and Mike Basnite got a big tarpon a few days ago.

Both fish require heavy drag and they can test any rods.

We are developing 11' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Regular spinning rods.

We have 11', 12' and 13' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rods, but it is time to develop 11' Surf II Regular rods as there are demand for it. If there are demand for 12' Surf II Regular, we are going for it.

surfIIregualrtarpon.jpg

6 mins ago, BrianBM said:

What a nice fish. 

Nice to see you around, Kilsong. Hope all is well with you. 

Thanks.

I just came back from PV trip and I plan to go down to Fl to catch tarpon and drum using 11' and 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special rods.

Mike Basnite has been catching big tarpon, but it was hard to take video and pictures as he was alone at night. I got to help him. :)

As long as you get enough sleep. I worry about you on these long cross-country drives. You might miss a turn and wind up in Ecuador, or something. ;)

Merry Christmas!

13 mins ago, BrianBM said:

As long as you get enough sleep. I worry about you on these long cross-country drives. You might miss a turn and wind up in Ecuador, or something. ;)

Merry Christmas!

I don't drive when I get sleepy.  :)

If I get tired, I don't fish and rest. :)

But I fish hard to test the rods. 

Mike and Lydia Basnite will go with me to Cabos/East Cape in early June to test our new 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special for big rooster. 

Merry Christmas !

36 mins ago, lureman said:

Both the Cape Cod Surf ll Heavy 10 + 11 ft., have been the up and coming heavy jigging rods at the CCC...the last two, three years....

10' and 11' Black Hole Surf II Heavy rods are regarded as the best jigging rods in the Canal by some experienced surf angler.

I don't think any surf rods can take 40 plus lb drag as 10' Black Hole Surf II ( Yellowtal II ) Heavy rods.

10' and 11' Black Hole Surf II Regular rods are one of the strongest rods and are good for plugging. 

6 mins ago, jimmy z said:

Are just spinning rods? Or do they come in casting models too? Thanks:howdy:

We have 10' Black Hole Yellowtail II Regular conventional rods.

The Yellowtail II and the Surf II rods are the same. West Coast anglers use conventional rods for casting for yellowtail.

3 hours ago, ksong said:

We have 10' Black Hole Yellowtail II Regular conventional rods.

The Yellowtail II and the Surf II rods are the same. West Coast anglers use conventional rods for casting for yellowtail.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I'll look them up:howdy:

21 mins ago, ksong said:

10' and 11' Black Hole Surf II Heavy rods are regarded as the best jigging rods in the Canal by some experienced surf angler.

I don't think any surf rods can take 40 plus lb drag as 10' Black Hole Surf II ( Yellowtal II ) Heavy rods.

10' and 11' Black Hole Surf II Regular rods are one of the strongest rods and are good for plugging. 

what size reel would be balanced on the regular rod for plugging the ccc? (van staal fan)