ASrod

Advice needed

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

If I were to plan a trip up to the canal next year, would I be better off planning for the new moon in June or August? I’ve heard insane things about either time but if I’m making an 8 hour drive each way, I’d like it to be as worth as possible. I’m not looking to burn any spots, just trying to gauge when I’d be better off planning for.

Thanks

28 mins ago, z-man said:

Why would you want to drive 8 hours to fish a man made ditch filled with poachers and trash?

Besides the obvious being begged by an illegal for my bass, I’d like to catch a fish in the 30lb range no matter where it is and I have always wanted to fish at the canal.

7 hours ago, ASrod said:

Besides the obvious being begged by an illegal for my bass, I’d like to catch a fish in the 30lb range no matter where it is and I have always wanted to fish at the canal.

If thats all that happens, consider yourself fortunate.:bucktooth:

8 hours ago, ASrod said:

With the new slot limit 30lb. fish are illegal, you will have to settle for two 15lb.  Ask your guilde for further info...…………………..

10 hours ago, ASrod said:

You’ve never fished at the canal and you think that you are just going to show up and start bailing 30 pounders?  Good luck with that!

:point:

1 hour ago, z-man said:

You’ve never fished at the canal and you think that you are just going to show up and start bailing 30 pounders?  Good luck with that!

What he said. 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

Doesn’t mean I will, just the hopes that I get lucky somehow.

August and June down here are spot, croaker and bass up to 14”. Hell I’ll take a 10 pounder