Wraith

CNN backs up Trump

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Did not see if we did this one yet.

"CNN sided with President Trump this week, agreeing in a fact check that two House Democrats, both from Texas, had misquoted the president's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky during a House Judiciary Committee impeachment markup session.

In a Twitter message Thursday, Trump wrote that Reps. Veronica Escobar, who represents El Paso, and Sheila Jackson Lee, who represents Houston, “purposely misquoted my call.”

“I said I want you to do us (our Country!) a favor, not me a favor. They know that but decided to LIE in order to make a fraudulent point! Very sad,” the president wrote.

In the declassified transcript of the call, Trump tells Zelensky, “I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot.”

CNN Politics’ Fact Check pointed out that Escobar and Jackson Lee either changed or omitted the word “us” when quoting the transcript in the markup session. The word “us” is significant because it implies Trump was asking for a favor of national interest, instead of a personal favor against a political rival.

Escobar claimed Trump said: “I want you to do me a favor though.”

Jackson Lee misquoted the call in the markup session, saying Trump told Zelensky: “I would like you to do a favor though.”"

Makes one wonder what would cause such a 'change of heart' at CNN to actually do this.

Could be they got a 'leak' that the House vote is not going as planned and wish to look not totally biased when the hammer drops?

If they're trying to salvage their reputation, It won't matter, it's WAY too late for that. 

They are never going to be credible unless and until they have a complete turnover, starting with Zucker.

24 mins ago, jimmy z said:

Bearing false witness on another shows the intent of the heart. Nothing good comes from bad intent:howdy:

You do it every time you proclaim Trump is a christian Jimmy.

5 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

I don’t believe he is proclaiming the Christianity of Trump. Rather the evil intent of bearing false witness against another. Left or Right. 

5 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Is Mr Trump a Christian?

I just despise folks trying to make another look bad. I would stand up for you if I knew you were being railroaded.:howdy:

4 mins ago, jimmy z said:

Is Mr Trump a Christian?

I just despise folks trying to make another look bad. I would stand up for you if I knew you were being railroaded.:howdy:

Exactly. Unfortunately our friends on the Left cannot comprehend that we are all in this together. 

1 min ago, Maine Guide said:

Exactly. Unfortunately our friends on the Left cannot comprehend that we are all in this together. 

Ya know, it's ok not to like someone, that's natural. But when someone compromises themselves to falsely accuse the one they don't like is evil. These who do this type of evil are the ones who look bad. Good folks know better than to believe the lies.

These corrupt one conspire to do evil against someone attempting to do good for our country, and these self absorbed, arrogant folks believe that it's ok. 

:howdy:

I pay no attention whatsoever to anything I hear regarding any story from CNN and encourage others to do the same.

Next!

The left has gotten away with it for so long, they just keep rolling with that strategy - some of it sticks....such as the Sarah Palin misquote 'I can see Russia from my house', and to a lesser extent, some of Trump's comments during the Charlotteville, VA riots...But they've been recently getting called out on it more or more...So we'll see if they adjust their game

6 mins ago, ken r said:

I pay no attention whatsoever to anything I hear regarding any story from CNN and encourage others to do the same.

Next!

Correct. This is why this little change from CNN is so interesting. Why now? It's not a sudden adaptation in clarity. Changes out of character do not happen without cause. For CNN, this is like finding the Lock Ness Monster humping Big Foot while riding a Unicorn, in Central Park.

41 mins ago, Wraith said:

Correct. This is why this little change from CNN is so interesting. Why now? It's not a sudden adaptation in clarity. Changes out of character do not happen without cause. For CNN, this is like finding the Lock Ness Monster humping Big Foot while riding a Unicorn, in Central Park.

They have an ulterior motive for sure. We'll just have to wait for the shoe to drop when they become themselves again, and they will without a doubt.