Navesink river is still loaded with bunker

Rate this topic

fishingnuke

2 hours ago, salt deficient said:

How deep are the holes?

Monster stripers over winter in deep 100+ft holes in the hudson by west point.

Not even close. 20 feet tops and we are talking peanut bunker. Juvie stripers I’m not sure but they are also back there pretty early. 

10 hours ago, Kml said:

I’d have to bring in an expert I don’t go out at night. Scary place is that Navesink at night. 

Stay out of places like that after sundown, that sweater crowd from Rumson is a rough bunch. I like the Navesink River Road side, plenty of parking and everyone makes you feel welcomed. 

Bunker often are in local ocean waters in December into early January and you'll know when the sea herring show most of the bunker are gone. Many a loner big bass has been had in December .Agreed the bunker won't live through winter unless its really mild. Be back right around St. Paddys Day or shortly thereafter. At least for the last thousand years, these days who knows?

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

1 hour ago, Highlander1 said:

Stay out of places like that after sundown, that sweater crowd from Rumson is a rough bunch. I like the Navesink River Road side, plenty of parking and everyone makes you feel welcomed. 

The last time I parked over there some dude pulled a broken champagne flute on me and demanded my amex platinum card.

No way I am going back there.