BigNevadaBob

Fuji BCKLAG corrosion control?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

@Croaker JO need your input on this please. I was excited when the corrosion control guides were introduced but now I’m starting to regret putting them on a bunch of rod. Noticed some discoloration on the base of some guides on a few rods. Figured it was no big deal, it’ll happen eventually with all guides.

But on the latest rod that I fished for only the past 4 months the guides look terrible. Granted I don’t rinse off my rods after every trip but this never happened with the black kl/kw guides... Is this a common or known occurrence with the corrosion control guides? 

435A26AC-2FEA-4503-B0B9-0DF7DDC8E5F0.jpeg.c6e0bdede3f39824dfac7c9d99187a05.jpeg4989D67D-F9D4-43FE-8BE1-007A025AB619.jpeg.c36e7082214eb1cf736caa07477e0972.jpeg7B43B060-9B18-4CA7-9EA1-E00E4843446D.jpeg.bbfa0969e0d6107862294e92e0e633e6.jpeg

Unfortunately all of my builds with the CC finish have done this. Some have only been used once....

I have since switched to all black, which is a shame  since I love the CC finish look. 

Not sure when you ordered these, but I know the first batch when they came out in March 2018 had issues like this - a lot of teh guys who purchased from me had this happen. My understanding is they've corrected this problem, and I waited a year+ to see if the issues stopped and it seems like it has. I just restocked 20 sets of CC and BC's in KW and LKW.

Ok so I'm not alone in this. Sucks because I used them on a few rods for friends too, guess I'll have to redo those sooner down the road than expected.

@Billy 40 got teh guides about mid July from mudhole. Really hesitant on ever using them again. 

I spray my stuff down pretty religiously and I haven't noticed anything like that yet. I have gotten a few rust stains from hanging hooks on the guides after rinsing. I'm pretty paranoid now though, maybe I need to go have a closer look. I literally just finished a rod last night with guides I purchased the first month they were out, doh!

2 hours ago, BRossi said:

I spray my stuff down pretty religiously and I haven't noticed anything like that yet. I have gotten a few rust stains from hanging hooks on the guides after rinsing. I'm pretty paranoid now though, maybe I need to go have a closer look. I literally just finished a rod last night with guides I purchased the first month they were out, doh!

Cut them off while the epoxy is still soft!