Otter

how to catch giant tog

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

1 min ago, Otter said:

all manner of beads, spinners, and whizz bang do dads should be deployed whenever possible, keep things moving and flashing down there, keep them interested. if tim has taught us anything over the years its that tog are very curious and photogenic  

Those floating whirligigs they use on fluke rigs would probably double the bites one gets :read: 

I know nuttin about tog....from your tutorial can I assume you feel the badoink that ain't the bottom and cross their eyes or is it more subtle than that ? 

Nice to hear from you again....hope you and yours our doing well. Stop in more often.   :howdy:

15 mins ago, Otter said:

all manner of beads, spinners, and whizz bang do dads should be deployed whenever possible, keep things moving and flashing down there, keep them interested. if tim has taught us anything over the years its that tog are very curious and photogenic  

Curious are they? Should I bring my Lindgren Pittman strobes to entice them perhaps?

16 mins ago, riverrunner said:

I know nuttin about tog....from your tutorial can I assume you feel the badoink that ain't the bottom and cross their eyes or is it more subtle than that ? 

Nice to hear from you again....hope you and yours our doing well. Stop in more often.   :howdy:

nobody does, all we know is that after we clip balloons to their fins with clothespins and some string it'll be alot easier to find the big ones. hope you put a beating on those bronze bass this year

41 mins ago, Otter said:

hey bud, did i miss any tales & lies? 

Not really, unfortunately don't have time for that anymore.

And me? Nasty? Go on.....Never, folks just interpret it that way....I am the nicest guy in the world........ :)

Yeah, the big girls got so old by chasing trinkets and jigs that look like cocktail onions.

They don't eat at the arcade like the little guys, they work the shadows, it takes a steady nerve and a trigger wrist.

I'll show ya's.

18 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Curious are they? Should I bring my Lindgren Pittman strobes to entice them perhaps?

On a swordy rig.  That's where they get used to seeing those nice whole squids :th: 

trigger wrist. i like that :th:

yeah so get this, timmy was sayin they did a study. tog can live for 70 years or something. he estimated mine to be like 50 years old it was yuge