afterhours

Brady 2020

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Can't go anywhere near any sports media without TB 2020 being mentioned. Free agent next season, he had the chit end of the stick this year due to injuries and a lack of TE's and receivers.  Is this where the road ends? Is this the time for the inevitable parting company? I still think if you give him protection and some talented receivers he'll deliver. I say he finishes here, what do you think?

Edited by afterhours
bad word

3 mins ago, Bwstriper44 said:

I can’t see Robert Craft letting him go anywhere. I might be in the minority in thinking this  but I believe  he’s the one player Robert not Bill makes the call on

Correct....Gronk and Brady are/were the untouchables

I bet he rides off into the sunset after this season and tries to become a normal family man and Dad, especially if he somehow gets another ring.

58 mins ago, Stewie said:

I bet he rides off into the sunset after this season and tries to become a normal family man and Dad, especially if he somehow gets another ring.

I’m thinking most normal families don’t live in mansion and have billions of dollars. However if anyone can pull it off my money’s on Tom.

2 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

I hope he does not go out and end his career like Joe Montana.

?

Montana led KC to the AFC championship game in '93.

If he did't get hurt early in the 2nd half they might've beaten Buffalo and gone on to the SB.

I would love to see Brady do that with another team.

Edited by Wigeon

Wouldn't be surprised at all if TB moves on after this season, especially if things keep going south.

The Pats have made it clear they aren't going to pay him.

There are more than a few teams that would put a 3 year/$30 mil per contract on the table to get him.

And like Montana, his presence would attract other big names to his new team (see Marcus Allen KC '93).

If the right opportunity came along for him it would great to watch Brady do it, he is (at this point) 100 times healthier that Montana was when he left SF and would have plenty left in the tank.

I kinda hope it happens.

Brady has won in the past with a bunch of middle of the road receivers.

I wonder what happened to the Brady whos favorite receiver was the open one.

His bitching rings a little hollow. 

I would hate to see him in another uniform. 
I just don’t think going to another team will work, the pats have been built around TB,I don’t think there’s enough time to do that some where else.  
I would be shocked if he played elsewhere but who knows .

34 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Brady has won in the past with a bunch of middle of the road receivers.

I wonder what happened to the Brady whos favorite receiver was the open one.

His bitching rings a little hollow. 

True to the first two points. What if his receivers couldn't run the right routes or create space or complete the routes? Last week represented one of the worst rec/corp performance I remember. Really hoping for Sanu , Dorsett and Julian to heal soon and the rooks to get a clue and maybe gain a step or two. They really have a need for speed to stretch the field.