Stuu

Traveling across to east coast for 1 day

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Joining my wife for a work event on the east coast for 1 day/night next week, and was wondering if it’s worth it to bring a light spinning outfit to throw lures into the surf.

I’ll be staying on the beach in Vero.

Anything fun running around, like bluefish or Jacks etc. to toss some lures at ?

Thanks in advance from a SWFL  guy.

Some Spanish macs in the surf. Also hear of pompano up there, fewer down here (Jupiter). Not as many bluefish as you would expect now. If bait is around, jacks will be too. 

31 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Some Spanish macs in the surf. Also hear of pompano up there, fewer down here (Jupiter). Not as many bluefish as you would expect now. If bait is around, jacks will be too. 

Thanks Tomkaz !

The pomps around Vero (erratic bite) are mainly falling to bait in the surf right now.

Spanish macs, bluefish, ladyfish and jacks are running around and a snook in the trough is a possibility.

Good luck.

Hi Dennis,

Fish the beach with 1 ounce chrome spoons, best bet. We've been catching Blues, Jacks, Spanish, and Snook. Nearly all hits are in close to shore.

I switch lures constantly, I'll throw poppers, jointed and solid minnows, paddle tails and jigs. 

Best bite is from 6:15AM thru 9AM.. I always fish sunrise.

The fish are all along the beachfront, from the Inlet to Fort Pierce. 

Check out the Sebastian Fishing Club's FB page for info. 

Good LUCK!

Rods: 8,9, 10ft medium action....take pictures.

Good info for Vero. Been frustrating for Spanish, they are here, commercial guys are hitting them hard but they have been pretty much out of reach from shore for me. Saturday I got one at 22inch which was great, the only Hit I had. On Sunday had them close enough to reach for about an hour, and caught probably 10-12 all around 18 inches or so. Heard the pompano bite was hot on Friday with a couple guys getting 28 and 24, Saturday friend had 6 all really nice size.