Vaporizor

Ever wonder why Cabelas went away

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

Saw that live, very interesting story.

Stay with it until the end when TC says he got a text on-air as the story was running from a well known politician in DC who was aghast that he went with this, said he was legit afraid of this guy.

7 hours ago, Vaporizor said:

Ran across this the other day, just amazing how with no regard to peoples lives , just to show a profit. This guy is a complete scoundrel 

Complete scumbag is more like it.  Its hard to believe that this kind of business is legal

I loved cabelas as a kid with a paper route. I could order wrist rockets and steel balls and they would send them to me in Massachusetts ( they were illegal here and still are ). I have so many rods and reals i bought from them that are still running. I would fill out the order form, write the check , and mail it to them. The following two weeks after, i assembling the sunday papers and driving the the neighborhood all week with a ghetto milkcrate on the front of my 100 pound chromalloy bike, carrying 25 papers, just  waiting for my cabelas treats. My kids will never know that feeling. Cabelas was the best. Sears Lingerie section, national geographic? Nah, crossbows and wristrockets got my engine revved at that age. 

I just remember, i bought an RWS/dianna breakbarrel 177 from them too. 

Im feeling old , good night

Nothing new in the world except the history you don't know. Corporations aren't human. Pilgrims didn't leave the old world simply because of religious prosecution they ran away from corporations that had government assistance in literally mangling their lives. Corporations were only allowed in America for the public good (fire , hospital, police municipal works) until the 1830's (coincidentally the start of industrial revolution). Separate entity and liability protection should be on a sliding scale ; At the highest level of profitability corporations lose their protections making the directors and owners personally liable . Big payoff requires big risk. 

9 mins ago, Little said:

Why did the leadership of Cablelas agree to go along with this guy's plans?

Same reason you'd toss a mans salad in jail. It's in your best interest.

14 mins ago, Little said:

Why did the leadership of Cablelas agree to go along with this guy's plans?

Exactly. The board voted and approved the sale. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders not any other entity. They’re equal in blame.

While I don’t agree with this practice it is the truest form of capitalism. Someone always gets exploited. This time it was the company and the small town.

Ever wonder why Cabelas went away?

Because they couldn't be bothered to stock 5/0 wide gap worm hooks in May?

Because they "new and impoved" everything, which is corporateeese for: "Turning it into crap."

Because they didn't understand creating value for their customers?

Because there was more money in ball caps, and t-shirts?

1 hour ago, bridgerat said:

Exactly. The board voted and approved the sale. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders not any other entity. They’re equal in blame.

While I don’t agree with this practice it is the truest form of capitalism. Someone always gets exploited. This time it was the company and the small town.

Correct.  Ill bet Tucker C left this part out (the truth).  Wreck his little tale,