Rosco ez-clips

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, mybosox3 said:

I used TA clips but went back to the alberto knot.... cheaper too

Huh?

30 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Huh?

I tie direct leader to braid (Alberto) and direct to my lures. No clips needed.

I have TA clips, they dont have this gap.  I never used the rosco clip before, trying to find out if I got garbage, or if this is how rosco does theirs.

1 hour ago, kiddpitt said:

Bought rosco ez-clips online, they came in unoriginal bag & have a gap that looks untrustworthy.  Are they really designed/made this way?

E9569D1E-0854-4B95-B2FD-D4AD77D71FC7.jpeg

Hmmmm,with plugs that are wired with thinner wire it can pass and jump the clip esp with gators since they like to try flying.

with screw eyed plugs they are much tougher to get through that gap due to[the ones I use]them being .092 gauge.

HH

7 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

I never tried those but used the new Spro clips this season and liked them a lot . 

They seem really nice, but I feel like their size to poundage ratio is weird. The 125lb TA is basically the same size as the 75lb Spro, which had a wider profile. However in could see it restricting movement a lot less and allowing for anymore natural wiggle.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

They seem really nice, but I feel like their size to poundage ratio is weird. The 125lb TA is basically the same size as the 75lb Spro, which had a wider profile. However in could see it restricting movement a lot less and allowing for anymore natural wiggle.

Yes I know what you mean. The larger , heavier Spro clip look a little too big. I used the smallest one for bucktails and smaller  stuff and next one up for bigger plugs and rigged slug-gos. 

37B077C9-3D91-4BD8-B3F1-42CA6A582F48.jpeg

Edited by VanStaalSteve

2 mins ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Yes I know what you mean. The larger , heavier Spro clip look a little too big. I used the smallest one and next one up for bigger plugs and rigged slug-gos. 

Maybe I'll try that next year. Good looks.

2 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Maybe I'll try that next year. Good looks.

Yeah why not? The were no problem and they seemed to be better for getter artificials on/off easier. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just checked my stash.

No gaps on any of my Roscos, 50# or 25#....

Not sure what ya got there bud... ???

5F8CDE85-4FA4-407C-816E-54DB7C4EBAB7.jpeg

Edited by Inshore

3 hours ago, kiddpitt said:

Bought rosco ez-clips online, they came in unoriginal bag & have a gap that looks untrustworthy.  Are they really designed/made this way?

E9569D1E-0854-4B95-B2FD-D4AD77D71FC7.jpeg

I must have purchased mine from the same online source. They appear to be repackaged in an unmarked plastic bag, Mine looked the same and I decided not to use them.

Used the same exact clips all spring and fall and never had a problem kidd. Same gap. Its weird. Landed some quality fish too and they never failed me. All good