beret

Garmin Chart Plotter 7212

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, beret said:

I am looking for Garmin Chart Plotter 7212. They are no longer made but would like to purchase one is someone has one available............Thank You.

I see them from time to time craigs list. My smaller Garmin 440s took a chit and I was able to get a replacement, with backup transducer and power cable for $125 with a little haggling. I will keep a look out for you.

Been on my bridge since i owned the boat, December, 2018. No issues, everything works. Left the Garmin factory 11/2012 and was installed in my boat by original owner. Unit only. S/n 1tz003314 $1000+/-

52C3E2FD-0BFE-47DD-8AFB-335B13484E1B.jpeg

14CCA9DD-15DF-4E13-B62D-2D92BB6F3488.jpeg

One thing to bear in mind, I’m pretty sure that is a “legacy” unit and is no longer serviced by garmin. I discovered this when I needed to replace a 4212 which was part of a multi-unit display. Ended up finding one on eBay for a great price, but I got lucky. 

fishonnelsons.........appreciate your reply. Questions please:

1) was it out in the elements or enclosed and protected from water,salt,etc

2) was it ever serviced since you had it

3) was it off the boat in winter

Thanks for you response.

I bought a Garmin suite about 5 yrs ago, all touch screen no buttons on the face, worked great at the dock sucked on the ocean.  Almost impossible to control at cruise with any type of sea motion.  Buttons on my Simrads and Humminbird.  Happy!