JerseyMike609

Conservation conversation from Fishing reports for December 2019

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

I agree but unless laws change that's how it's going to stay,If they say we have to stop fishing the species all together for a couple years I'm fine with it.Id like there to be tags on top of w.e regulations they decide and all the money can get put right back into the fishery, not parks not the trout hatchery specifically "Striped Bass".

I don't understand the lack of personal responsibility.The stocks are obviously in dire conditions and every body wants to keep beatin on 'em.C'mon guys,give 'em a break! Do you have to wait til the law TELLS you to stop or is it possible that you find it in yourself to do the right thing? I guess that's too much to expect...

Fishermen wanna bitch and complain about how the politicians won't do anything about the SB stocks,well,how 'bout ya'll take it upon yourselves to do the right thing? Freakin leave the dang fish alone for a while! The fishermen are THE biggest problem here,not politicians or the law.

12 mins ago, slip n slide said:

I don't understand the lack of personal responsibility.The stocks are obviously in dire conditions and every body wants to keep beatin on 'em.C'mon guys,give 'em a break! Do you have to wait til the law TELLS you to stop or is it possible that you find it in yourself to do the right thing? I guess that's too much to expect...

Fishermen wanna bitch and complain about how the politicians won't do anything about the SB stocks,well,how 'bout ya'll take it upon yourselves to do the right thing? Freakin leave the dang fish alone for a while! The fishermen are THE biggest problem here,not politicians or the law.

Lol all I can do is take proper care of the fish I do catch and realse them instead of take them home.I go fishing twice a week if I can,while 500 boats are following around schools and picking them off but I'm going to stop because the fish need a break? I guess you dont fish?

45 mins ago, ridenfish said:

It's not just Bass that are in trouble, Bluefish, Tog and Fluke are on the decline as well. And what's a weakfish? Maybe we should all stop fishing altogether???

This is a weakfish. 

Maybe you should man

26777F05-8ADE-4BBE-BD34-0A0087C51BCC.jpeg

15 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

This is a weakfish. 

Maybe you should man

26777F05-8ADE-4BBE-BD34-0A0087C51BCC.jpeg

We need a sarcasm emoji because some people can’t sense it.  Was responding to the other guy. 
I’m leaving work now and heading to the beach :)

6 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Lol all I can do is take proper care of the fish I do catch and realse them instead of take them home.I go fishing twice a week if I can,while 500 boats are following around schools and picking them off but I'm going to stop because the fish need a break? I guess you dont fish?

SB aint the only game in town bro,sooo many other species of fish to catch,I got 3 big rivers 5 min from my house,aint hurtin for fish to catch,just aint gonna beat up on an imperiled stock of fish

you're either part of the problem or part of the solution,your choice...

3 hours ago, slip n slide said:

SB aint the only game in town bro,sooo many other species of fish to catch,I got 3 big rivers 5 min from my house,aint hurtin for fish to catch,just aint gonna beat up on an imperiled stock of fish

you're either part of the problem or part of the solution,your choice...

Yea now even the people following the laws are scum bags,If only I could be as good of a guy as you!