HugeDinghy

what do you think theyre doing?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

drop my kid at school every morning and every morning there are at least two or three cars pulled over to the side of the drop off area. its kind of a round about so once your in line, youre kind of stuck....only thing you could do is pull to the side and let people go around you. which is what they do...every single day there are a few.

paste eaters having meltdowns is my guess.

what say you?

Edited by HugeDinghy

1 min ago, Billybob said:

Do they sit in the car, or go in the school?

It's too early for beers.

they eventually go...I've had them pull back out into line in front of me..

im guessing that theyre getting some pep talk or that they are having some sort of meltdown. 

i cant really see a situation where you wouldn't have already gone through the morning protocol and everything be in order...

Pep talks, lunch money, meltdowns, last minute after school planning, signatures...probably a real catch all kinda spot :)

TimS

i cant imagine folks are figuring out lunch money and planning the day at that last of a second...although those would probably be the people with kids who have meltdowns and need pep talks. :why:

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i cant imagine folks are figuring out lunch money and planning the day at that last of a second...although those would probably be the people with kids who have meltdowns and need pep talks. :why:

Years ago when on a HS BOE we had reoccurring issue we people clogging up the drop-off area . . . sent our top notch investigative team to determine why this was occurring and it was mostly the same people and simply a disorganization problem.  Students couldn't find phones, money, athletic equipment, etc.   

We politely asked those repeat offenders to park in the lot if their student were not ready to leave the car/truck upon pulling up to the drop-off area . . . worked for awhile and then started all over again.  

Edited by cartopper

27 mins ago, cartopper said:

Years ago when on a HS BOE we had reoccurring issue we people clogging up the drop-off area . . . sent our top notch investigative team to determine why this was occurring and it was mostly the same people and simply a disorganization problem.  Students couldn't find phones, money, athletic equipment, etc.   

We politely asked those repeat offenders to park in the lot if their student were not ready to leave the car/truck upon pulling up to the drop-off area . . . worked for awhile and then started all over again.  

good lord. i think id rather have it be paste eaters having meltdowns :dismay: 

Probably right.  Seems like they are phasing out the short bus.  My wife told me that they had to toss a special needs kid off our kid's bus because of the meltdowns, driver couldn't drive.  Asked her why they don't put those guys on the little bus, said they don't do that anymore.  In turn, those kids are probably clogging up the drop off line.  Makes sense.

I dont live near a school, but I see a lot of people just pulled over or stopped in the road around my neighborhood and they sit there for a while.  I too always wonder what the **** they're doing.  I've walked over to a couple of them and asked if they're ok or need any help and they look at me like I'm crazy.  Next time, I'm ask them what they're doing.  :shrug: