Thumb-Burner

Bizarre Side Effect from Surgery - Any ideas

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I had foot surgery about three weeks ago and can’t drive and have to wear a boot the size of a vw beetle.    I’ve been at home pretty much 24/7 about every day, with a few exceptions.  

For some reason, one of the side effects of this is excessive time looking at plugs, rods, reels and blanks on the internet, often leading to purchases.   I fished about ten times last year, fresh and saltwater combined.  I now have 14,567,902 plugs and have rods and reels for any scenario that I may (or may not encounter).   Two questions.

1) Does this madness end when the boot comes off and I can drive again?

2) Seen any good deals lately I may have missed? :)

Guess I better fish a lot in 2020!!

Peace out.

Lol.   The madness ends when your wife sees the bills and starts nagging at you, then you will be back out of the house and on your feet using all those great toys to avoid her.

1) No, it will become much worse

2) Get of that couch and hit local garage sales.

3) Guess what rod will be on sale soon????

22 mins ago, Thumb-Burner said:

I had foot surgery about three weeks ago and can’t drive and have to wear a boot the size of a vw beetle.    I’ve been at home pretty much 24/7 about every day, with a few exceptions.  

For some reason, one of the side effects of this is excessive time looking at plugs, rods, reels and blanks on the internet, often leading to purchases.   I fished about ten times last year, fresh and saltwater combined.  I now have 14,567,902 plugs and have rods and reels for any scenario that I may (or may not encounter).   Two questions.

1) Does this madness end when the boot comes off and I can drive again?

2) Seen any good deals lately I may have missed? :)

Guess I better fish a lot in 2020!!

Peace out.

I had spine surgery in January of this year, 

Had a hard collar on and slept in the recliner for 3 months,  lots of fishing videos at first, Also tied up some jigs,rebuilt reels ect.

I then incorporated freshwater trout fishing as part of my PT to walk and get out, gradually worked up to largemouth then salt and the rocks against my wifes wishes.

I had friends show up to take me to breakfast and the brewery from time to time.

My wife and son did all the snow removal and lugging bags of pellets. 

I know your surgery was the foot ,you will be going to PT I'm guessing. 

To answer your question the madness never ends.

Packages show up all the time....lol

Heal up and get back at it.:th:

2 mins ago, oldgoat said:

I'm sorry. In the end you will be flat on yer back and feel the earth shoveled over you.

So enjoy!

Inspirational words from Pete.

Eventually, you will look around and say "What am I doing with all this crap? I can't carry it all."  You can stop collecting, but getting rid of it is difficult, if not impossible. Don't let the pile get too big.

My wife read this and said " Ah, it becomes your kid's problem "    :)

1)why do you describe it as madness when it is joy?

2)if there are any good deals i will tell you about them after i buy them........

52 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

Lol.   The madness ends when your wife sees the bills and starts nagging at you, then you will be back out of the house and on your feet using all those great toys to avoid her.

actually, I'm afraid she thinks all the package is coming in the mail or Christmas gifts for her. Guess I better buy her something

5 hours ago, Thumb-Burner said:

. Guess I better buy her something

Like I said earlier

Get of that couch and hit garage sales.

5 hours ago, Thumb-Burner said:

, I'm afraid she thinks all the package is coming in the mail or Christmas gifts for her.

Actually, it may be for her.

She likes fishing,

Posted (edited) · Report post

Dr charged ins $1,200 for my boot last june. Exact same boot online cost $25..

And you dont need more fishing gear. Believe me. What u need is a Hellcat Redeye.

20191203_144932.jpg

Edited by the3fishheads

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

Eventually, you will look around and say "What am I doing with all this crap? I can't carry it all."  

No, but Sweetwater can. We have nice pictures of ThumbBurner fishing with a discreet little shoulder bag. There are no pictures of me looking like John Daly's caddy. 

Heal up. We have some trout water for you to walk once you are ready. It's a short trip, and I will carry the bags as long as I am allowed to fill them. 

Your lucky its winter time you can let that foot heal up. Couldn't help myself with a broke foot in June and way over did it hitting the beach. Foot blew up like a friggin balloon. Looked like a 300lb fat lady foot. Not fun.

20190706_163145.jpg