Jason B

Need Bag Inserts

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Need to find two 3x9” inserts. Also, always in the look out for smaller 1.5 inserts for the front pouch of several of my bags. DIY is fine, but pvc is too thick/heavy and most other material is too flimsy. Any suggestions of places to buy or DIY appreciated, especially for the 3x9”. 

Edited by Jason B

15 mins ago, Jason B said:

Need to find two 3x9” inserts. Also, always in the look out for smaller 1.5 inserts for the front pouch of several of my bags. DIY is fine, but pvc is too thick/heavy and most other material is too flimsy. Any suggestions of places to buy or DIY appreciated, especially for the 3x9”. 

I used a piece of plastic gutter downspout from chepo depo

SCJ had a video recommending Visipak .com for tubes. 

I have never used them though, so I can’t vouch. 

Edited by TLap21

Flatlander made me custom 3 tube for an old bag. mix of 3 inch wide and 1 1/2 wide tubes. Very nice stuff, priced right

There's a thin-wall gray pipe sold at Home Depot that's used for in-house vacuum cleaner systems, I believe it comes in 1.5" & 2" . Very light but strong and glue-able.

Powertec clear pipe. It’s a 2.5” x 36” long. u just cut it to your desired length And glue a couple together or whatever u wanna do. It’s light weight and the Walls are thin but strong. It’s just under 9$ on Amazon. Works great for me. A friend of mine put me on to it.

11 hours ago, Recoil Rob said:

There's a thin-wall gray pipe sold at Home Depot that's used for in-house vacuum cleaner systems, I believe it comes in 1.5" & 2" . Very light but strong and glue-able.

So I have heard of this mythical vacuum pipe before but have never been able to find it.  Do you know the SKU for Home Depot?  Thanks 

16 hours ago, TLap21 said:

SCJ had a video recommending Visipak .com for tubes. 

I have never used them though, so I can’t vouch. 

I ordered some Tubing from them. It's kind of expensive so you need to get a lot to make it worth it. But then you'll have enough to do like 8 bags worth like me. Haha. I'm happy with it though.

50 mins ago, HKJonathan said:

So I have heard of this mythical vacuum pipe before but have never been able to find it.  Do you know the SKU for Home Depot?  Thanks 

I dont think they sell it anymore. Atleast I can't find it on their app. I think central vac systems aren't installed in houses anymore. Atleast I dot see new ones being installed ever, anymore

Edited by Haycreekrambler

I found polycarbonate tubing on Amazon that's cheaper that other places. Unfortunately I'm in home depot almost everyday. If I remember I'm gonna check out the florescent tube protectors. I've been looking for smaller tubes.

5 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

Model #: 3808
Sku #: 127350
Internet #: 100155184

I've only seen it sold 2" od.  It's schedule 20 vs 40 that you typically see.  Therefore it's much thinner and lighter.  

6 hours ago, Haycreekrambler said:

I dont think they sell it anymore. Atleast I can't find it on their app. I think central vac systems aren't installed in houses anymore. Atleast I dot see new ones being installed ever, anymore

6 hours ago, Recoil Rob said:

1 hour ago, quack said:
Model #: 3808
Sku #: 127350
Internet #: 100155184

I've only seen it sold 2" od.  It's schedule 20 vs 40 that you typically see.  Therefore it's much thinner and lighter.  

Thanks