BrianBM

IRT Reel discount

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

You going to buy one unseen?   I would like to see an independent review on it. Component break down etc.  Not just a prostaffer spinning the handle a couple of turns.  It's been out how many years? 

2 hours ago, hobobob said:

You going to buy one unseen?   I would like to see an independent review on it. Component break down etc.  Not just a prostaffer spinning the handle a couple of turns.  It's been out how many years? 

I think scooby needs to get his hands on one to rip apart

25 mins ago, chitala383 said:

I think scooby needs to get his hands on one to rip apart

They offered me one.....then disappeared.

I think that was like 6 months ago.

Do they advertise in any way other than Kil Song?

This is the first time I"ve seen a thing on them in a loooong time.

I am not buying one. I greatly respect Kilsong's opinions and expertise. However, I don't need the apparent excellence of IRT's midsize reels.  If fishing for powerhouse gamefish, I'd rather use a conventional reel.  Long Island Sound is sadly short of roosterfish, barracuda and tuna (especially at this time of year) so there's nothing within reach that needs the higher speed of retrieve offered by some spinning reels to attract a strike. Neither do I do anything so demanding that I need a $500+ reel to do it.

From the little I've seen, it doesn't appear that the reels have much sealing. (Does anyone know otherwise?) I wade cautiously, don't skish (and won't) but the occasional dunking is an unavoidable part of surfcasting. A wee bit of sealing sounds like a good idea to me.

AFAIK, Dennysnook is this Board's other IRT user (or was he fishing a Torque?) There isn't a vast amount of information, from multiple users, AND in different environments, out there.

Scoobydoo says nice things about the Daiwa LTs, the Penn VI, and other reels in the $200+ price zone, which is more than good enough for me.

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Do they advertise in any way other than Kil Song?

I don't remember I advertise the reels. :) I just post what reels I use and I don't use the reels if they are not good. 

There are  many prostaff of IRT reels in NC and Florida and I don't think they are members of SOL.

1 hour ago, ksong said:

I don't remember I advertise the reels. :) I just post what reels I use and I don't use the reels if they are not good. 

There are  many prostaff of IRT reels in NC and Florida and I don't think they are members of SOL.

:)

You're the only person the internet sees with them in use.....

So your'e the advertiser by default :)

Their pro staffers are not doing a very good job at shining spotlight on their product...might want to pass that along to them...

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

:)

You're the only person the internet sees with them in use.....

So your'e the advertiser by default :)

Their pro staffers are not doing a very good job at shining spotlight on their product...might want to pass that along to them...

It seems they are pretty active on other site as I could count over 20 pictures in Nov alone.

irt1.jpg

irt2.jpg

irt3.jpg

irt4.jpg

irt5.jpg

irt6.jpg

irt7.jpg

irt8.jpg

irt9.jpg

irt10.jpg

irt11.jpg

irt12.jpg

irt13.jpg

irt14.jpg

irt16.jpg

irt17.jpg

irt18.jpg

irt19.jpg

irt20.jpg

irt21.jpg

irt22.jpg

irt23.jpg

irt24.jpg

irt25.jpg

2 hours ago, ksong said:

You use to carry Stella's in your shop, and fish them exclusively.

What happened to that reel?

Lou T

4 mins ago, Lou T said:

You use to carry Stella's in your shop, and fish them exclusively.

What happened to that reel?

Lou T

I never used Stella exclusively.  I used Daiwa Saltiga, Accurate reels as well we Penn Torgue to testing. 

We are concentrating on Black Hole USA rods now.

19 mins ago, ksong said:

I never used Stella exclusively.  I used Daiwa Saltiga, Accurate reels as well we Penn Torgue to testing. 

We are concentrating on Black Hole USA rods now.

Don't recall your shelves being prominently stocked with Saltiga, and Accurate spinning where cumbersome boat anchors.

You where always a Black Hole man; did selling the business enter your mind. It's what keeps you young Kil!

Lou T    

24 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Someone give me a hint  ...  what website is "I.G.?"

Leave off the dot and com, that much I can probably guess myself.

Instagram