Angler #1

Fishing is not over

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

until you want it to be . We still have a few fish swimming around , if you have the patients to stick it out with the wind and the cold . Some days its great and then others not so. It like hunting with your favorite pooch . You can sit and wait for some thing to show up or just sit and nothing shows up. My neighbor must be one lucky hunter as he always manages to bring some thing home and he has no dog to retrieve what he shoots. My wife and I were the benefactor of four nice birds the other day and I was able to provide a few nice quahogs in return for his chowder he was working on. The blue bullets are still around, like I began it can be a matter of patients or just the weather . Then again when all fails sitting down at the table with a few friends playing cribbage helps to pass the time away for the winter months or putting things in order for the spring yard sale has its good points as well . At times playing cribbage helps to keep the inner peace of having friends around who enjoy the same things you do and appreciate it enough to share the trials and tribulations we all encounter here and elsewhere. . I got to play with a marine and navy veterans today up at the local senior center along with some of the other seniors we have here in Sandwich  and share in the daily conversation of getting old and not knowing when to quit . Any one out there besides my friend Rob C that would like to do a little playing during the winter, give a shout and we will see if we can work something out . It will help to keep your memory bank active for sure. Peace

5 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

At times playing cribbage helps to keep the inner peace 

Great game.  I play with the old man more than anybody else.  Cribbage=the quiet parts of Christmas for me

Love cribbage. Grandparents taught me how to play. Spent tons of summer day playing with them. Several years later I taught my kids to play. Now it the first game packed when we going camping.

3 hours ago, oldgoat said:

Never tried playing without a drink. Never won.

We will have to play a game or two and see if that can be changed :howdy:

I've been getting out but not catching anything. Got out the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I figured it was the calm before the storm of family activity. It's my first season back in a long time, so I figured I should get the not catching out of the way now while I'm a newbie. Usually getting midmorning when I have a free hour or so. Have been checking out new to me locations around the area rather than just go to my favorite spot right nearby. I figure trying to learn new spots is my most productive use of my time right now. 

Next year I'll probably go the freshwater route in October, I just couldn't justify buying more gear this year.