scoobydoo

Van Staal sold to pure fishing

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

It's alu... 

Reminds me of the tycoon fin nor s3 reels from awhile ago in how narrow it is (gold colored spinners) 

13 hours ago, ged said:

EB580292-686F-4E23-B02E-C7CC346A98FE.jpeg

236F3D24-0DD4-4627-AC5C-0D728A13CD1B.jpeg

Ohh wow that black/flat silver color is sexy. Thanks for the pics...don’t know how I missed this. 

Van stall will remain its own independent brand. Pure fishing would like to move manufacturing to the US. The problem is, the reason VS originally moved to China is because the tools used to manufacture VS in the US were worn out. They had to be replaced. This was an astronomical cost. The solution was to move manufacturing to China as the Chinese manufacturers were willing to split the cost of manufacturing the tools needed to build VS. remember in late 2017-2018 vs150 were hard to get? Some of the tools for the manufacturing had to be replaced.  In order for pure fishing to bring manufacturing to the US they need the Chinese to sell them the tools or else we will just have Chinese VS reels all over Wish eBay and Amazon. Pure fishing doesn’t want to change van stall. It works and makes money. That’s why they bought it. This is not my opinion, this is from pure fishing rep.  

Side note: I live in Florida. I fish VS, HARD! 5 days a week, late nights, inlets, jettys, bridges, spillways, for big snook and tarpon. I beat the hell out of my reels. I dunk them, drop them, push them past the limits, landing 100+ lb tarpon on vs150’s.  I use them on bridges also because I move around a lot on nights when I fish to find a bite. But I do also see the rich kids fishing them on bridges who never get them wet. Who only have them to show off. But some of us down here do use them for their intended purpose. 

4 mins ago, Flatrash said:

Van stall will remain its own independent brand. Pure fishing would like to move manufacturing to the US. The problem is, the reason VS originally moved to China is because the tools used to manufacture VS in the US were worn out. They had to be replaced. This was an astronomical cost. The solution was to move manufacturing to China as the Chinese manufacturers were willing to split the cost of manufacturing the tools needed to build VS. remember in late 2017-2018 vs150 were hard to get? Some of the tools for the manufacturing had to be replaced.  In order for pure fishing to bring manufacturing to the US they need the Chinese to sell them the tools or else we will just have Chinese VS reels all over Wish eBay and Amazon. Pure fishing doesn’t want to change van stall. It works and makes money. That’s why they bought it. This is not my opinion, this is from pure fishing rep.  

Side note: I live in Florida. I fish VS, HARD! 5 days a week, late nights, inlets, jettys, bridges, spillways, for big snook and tarpon. I beat the hell out of my reels. I dunk them, drop them, push them past the limits, landing 100+ lb tarpon on vs150’s.  I use them on bridges also because I move around a lot on nights when I fish to find a bite. But I do also see the rich kids fishing them on bridges who never get them wet. Who only have them to show off. But some of us down here do use them for their intended purpose. 

Who did you hear this from? Craig?

So you want me to believe that ZeeBaaS had the ability to move production back to USA but Van Staal doesn’t?

C’Mon man

ZeeBaaS stated in their FB something new is coming this year, that will be fun to see what they will bring out.

1 hour ago, ged said:

Who did you hear this from? Craig?

So you want me to believe that ZeeBaaS had the ability to move production back to USA but Van Staal doesn’t?

C’Mon man

I’m simply stating what I was told by a Pure Fishing rep

6 mins ago, Flatrash said:

I’m simply stating what I was told by a Pure Fishing rep