scoobydoo

Van Staal sold to pure fishing

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Started and then canned a thread on this about 2 months ago based on rumors.... 

Looks like it's official 

Quantum Zebco VS Shakespeare Fin Nor

Now all under the brand who has the worst track record in the industry at being able to regulate their pricing and also has a direct to consumer business model in place....

Its gonna get interesting..... 

A random someone randomly emailed me the press release... VS, Fin Nor, Craig Cantelmo all now part of Pure Fishing. 

Not sure about the others mentioned. 

Edited by scoobydoo

FYI this is sorta still a rumor... But I'd be surprised if it's wrong.. 

Edit... Received confirmation and edited O. P. 

Edited by scoobydoo

14 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Started and then canned a thread on this about 2 months ago based on rumors.... 

Looks like it's official 

Quantum Zebco VS Shakespeare

Now all under the brand who has the worst track record in the industry at being able to regulate their pricing and also has a direct to consumer business model in place....

Its gonna get interesting..... 

Super interesting for sure. Do you think the quality will change? If so, do you think they will adjust prices to reflect that? 

Would be cool if they moved VS manufacturing to Philly. I know Chinese manufacturing has gotten much better in the past decade, but I still can't bring myself to pay over $300 for a reel made with cheap Chinese labor.

Edited by C.Robin

14 mins ago, Kooky said:

Prices will go down, and so will quality.

Quality already is down. The VR series is a disgrace. Especially at there asking price.

Maybe VS can take some lessons from Penn. For a little more than half the price of the VR, the Slammer 3 is a more substantial and better quality reel.

28 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Super interesting for sure. Do you think the quality will change? If so, do you think they will adjust prices to reflect that? 

26 mins ago, Kooky said:

Prices will go down, and so will quality.

Pure fishing's new ceo is from a crazy competive market.  And they dominated it.  And although I don't think Costa made the best product.  They made a very good product.  With some of the best marketing in the segment.  

I predict a resurgence in the quantum brand.  Lord knows it's needed.  As far as their product lineup... It's in a coma. 

The VS product line is the only one of its kind as far as I'm concerned...and I bet they had the best year in terms of sales last year with the vr 50 and the rest of the new vr/vsx line (ZB is custom made to order direct to consumer) 

I'd bet year one.... New ceo.... Market penetration/ad blitz /social media explosion 

They"ll need to push volume so 

Fingers crossed quality stays the same. 

Everything's in place so I'm sure those numbers should be pretty stable 

11 mins ago, jesgord said:

That is interesting. Not sure if it’s good or bad. Either way, I hope they don’t let Craig go!

I heard he's still on board! 

Free vs after rebate?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.  I don't foresee a change in production, everything is already in place, they don't need to change a thing.  

40 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Pure fishing's new ceo is from a crazy competive market.  And they dominated it.  And although I don't think Costa made the best product.  They made a very good product.  With some of the best marketing in the segment.  

I predict a resurgence in the quantum brand.  Lord knows it's needed.  As far as their product lineup... It's in a coma. 

The VS product line is the only one of its kind as far as I'm concerned...and I bet they had the best year in terms of sales last year with the vr 50 and the rest of the new vr/vsx line (ZB is custom made to order direct to consumer) 

I'd bet year one.... New ceo.... Market penetration/ad blitz /social media explosion 

They"ll need to push volume so 

Fingers crossed quality stays the same. 

Everything's in place so I'm sure those numbers should be pretty stable 

Interesting. I see a potential end to Zee Bass now that Van Stark is a big dog.