Odessa44

Skinner 9' 2" Surf Rod 2 piece rod vs odm dna 9ft

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, Odessa44 said:

Thoughts on Skinner gsb 9' 2" Surf Rod 2 piece rod vs odm dna 9ft, which would though bigger lures and eels which is overall better rod

For what you want to do the Skinner rod would be better. Lighter stuff odm is awesome. 

27 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

For what you want to do the Skinner rod would be better. Lighter stuff odm is awesome. 

Agreed I have the ODM for back bays and lighter stuff and I'm about to pick up the Skinner for eeling and larger plugs. The DNA holds its own though. :th:

2 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

Agreed I have the ODM for back bays and lighter stuff and I'm about to pick up the Skinner for eeling and larger plugs. The DNA holds its own though. :th:

25% off all rods right now on there website 

Edited by Odessa44

36 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

Lamiglass

The Lamiglass site has been having the sale, yeah, but they won't ship anything over 8' the site says.. tho they will ship it in a 2 piece.

Edited by MattieG

I'm a huge odm fan but would not use the 9 footer for eels. The skinner rod would be exactly what you need. Another option (also cheaper and easy to find used) would be a Lami surf and jetty 9 or 10 footer. I used both and they rocked. Older GSB style blank, plenty of backbone but soft enough to not launch the eels off into space.