Fishing reports for December 2019

Rate this topic

Sudsy

14 hours ago, Whortleberry said:

i caught 3 shad in 3 casts last week on an AVA and in 5 minutes i was mugged by trucks and guys that seemed to teleport right thru the sand 3 feet away from me.. LOL 

The third time someone snagged my line I was done and walked off. Gets crazy out there for some fish. A comical moment was a mugger right next to me had a $1000+ set up, Van Staal with 10.5ft custom, $600 waders, and that's all he bragged about. The crowds have thinned here in December, finally.

it's some sort of divine justice at work when a guy like that skunks out. :p

Pfantum Pfishah

NoMoCo - Tuesday late morning to afternoon. Beautiful conditions. Fished 3 different beaches and found fish on 2 of them. Caught  a handful of schoolies frm 18 to 22 ". Very typical of my recent outings. The fish can be picky at times. I have been throwing smaller plugs, 4" shads, and Ava's with green tails. Weather permitting, I'll be out there while it lasts.

15 hours ago, Whortleberry said:

i caught 3 shad in 3 casts last week on an AVA and in 5 minutes i was mugged by trucks and guys that seemed to teleport right thru the sand 3 feet away from me.. LOL 

The third time someone snagged my line I was done and walked off. Gets crazy out there for some fish. A comical moment was a mugger right next to me had a $1000+ set up, Van Staal with 10.5ft custom, $600 waders, and that's all he bragged about. The crowds have thinned here in December, finally.

I saw someone exactly like you explained to a "T", but who was afraid to get his feet wet and was running up and down the surf line as the water came in and receded back down. I'm all for fisherman, beginner or experienced, having the best gear they can possibly afford. It would be silly to think otherwise. But whats up with the surf top, simms waders plus a submersible reel if you're worried about getting your boots wet? I really thought I was seeing things at first.

Hows the water looking today fellas? It was almost zero vis last friday where I fished. Tea colored and sandy. I went south looking for cleaner water and it got worse - wayyy worse

10 mins ago, Basswiper said:

I saw someone exactly like you explained to a "T", but who was afraid to get his feet wet and was running up and down the surf line as the water came in and receded back down. I'm all for fisherman, beginner or experienced, having the best gear they can possibly afford. It would be silly to think otherwise. But whats up with the surf top, simms waders plus a submersible reel if you're worried about getting your boots wet? I really thought I was seeing things at first.

Hows the water looking today fellas? It was almost zero vis last friday where I fished. Tea colored and sandy. I went south looking for cleaner water and it got worse - wayyy worse

Was pretty murky where I was yesterday but it didn't stop the dinks from eating.

I remember a night in AC, 25 degrees and windy and the water was CHOCOLATE, but I caught 4 bass 15-30 lbs. I miss fishing those jetties. Bass will find the lure if they are around.

1 hour ago, MarkG said:

glad to hear....don't mind being wrong

I've obviously been in the wrong spot as it was bupkis for all last weekend

They went silent over the weekend. Picked a few this morning but quieter than yesterday.

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

1 hour ago, Basswiper said:

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all for top gear, beginners, fair weather fishermen, experienced casters, etc. but the poor kid next to him had a hose clamp holding his reel to the rod at the bottom, electrical tape on a few of the eye seats, plus the fact that he bellied right in amongst the muggers...just be a little considerate that's all.

• Sudsy locked this topic