Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2019

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Took my girlfriend out yesterday mid-day. Started off with AVAs but nothing on them. Found a nice cut and we started to get sporadic bumps on 5" swim shads and bucktails. Pulled one out around the mid twenty inches and then we called it a day. Wish she got into a few but that was it for us. Wind picked up even more and we left. 

Out front again this morning for about three hours. Hooked into four, landed three, the largest probably 24" or so. Mostly on diamond jigs. Same old song and dance. The water was much cleaner and more workable today.

1 hour ago, ATH1089 said:

Out front again this morning for about three hours. Hooked into four, landed three, the largest probably 24" or so. Mostly on diamond jigs. Same old song and dance. The water was much cleaner and more workable today.

NMOCO?

MidMOCO?

SMOCO?

No Moco?

My apologies on the very late report. Its from last week and much of the same song and dance...

Im reporting it because even though the fish are small (up to 25"), Thursday I went 12 casts for 12 fish in a row. Now that was fun on a 1/2 - 2 oz rod! Lots of fish caught that day. One of the sad takeaways is the amount of trucks and casters you get crowding you - all over schoolies. Then you try to help those who are not catching and you get crap for it LOL? And the ones punting fish back. Whats going on? 

Its intriguing how presentations needed can vary just a couple hundred yards up or down a beach. Everyone I saw or reported on the book of faces said their fish were right in the wash. The fish I was on(all but 1) were all on the very end of a bomb cast and actually eating the diamond jig, not the teaser.  

37 mins ago, Basswiper said:

My apologies on the very late report. Its from last week and much of the same song and dance...

Im reporting it because even though the fish are small (up to 25"), Thursday I went 12 casts for 12 fish in a row. Now that was fun on a 1/2 - 2 oz rod! Lots of fish caught that day. One of the sad takeaways is the amount of trucks and casters you get crowding you - all over schoolies. Then you try to help those who are not catching and you get crap for it LOL? And the ones punting fish back. Whats going on? 

Its intriguing how presentations needed can vary just a couple hundred yards up or down a beach. Everyone I saw or reported on the book of faces said their fish were right in the wash. The fish I was on(all but 1) were all on the very end of a bomb cast and actually eating the diamond jig, not the teaser.  

i caught 3 shad in 3 casts last week on an AVA and in 5 minutes i was mugged by trucks and guys that seemed to teleport right thru the sand 3 feet away from me.. LOL 

The third time someone snagged my line I was done and walked off. Gets crazy out there for some fish. A comical moment was a mugger right next to me had a $1000+ set up, Van Staal with 10.5ft custom, $600 waders, and that's all he bragged about. The crowds have thinned here in December, finally.

1 hour ago, Basswiper said:

My bigger fish have all been towards the end of my cast, pretty much on the outer sandbar. Shorties right along the lip. Last week it was all teaser with one or two on the jig, today was the exact opposite.

Just fished from 12:30-5.  First stop got about a dozen then it died.  Got all but one on a teaser, other on Ava17. 
Moved north a bit for magic hour and got another ten or so.  Ava 007 and teaser.  
Tried soft plastics of different varieties and small SP, only the Ava and teaser hopped along the bottom worked for me. 
I did see a load of Herring rolling at dusk.  Stuck around and threw something bigger but nothing was on them.  
All bass released quickly without Panko breading them in sand. Barbs smashed down is a must this time of year. 
Pics of double dinks and double pizza after. 

9C1B1255-996F-412C-8B4D-52570DEB4CE8.jpeg

1E5ED729-4825-4D43-A4A6-C943A8C54C2E.jpeg

C967DB72-8443-4C8A-A50B-39AF442BDC1A.jpeg

Edited by ridenfish

Boat report, but same spot, same bait, same fish for the past 3 weeks or so. Biggest 24" but man they were thick tonight. Screen was all lit up. Tight to the beach too so I imagine the guys casting from shore had their pick too. Hogy protail eels have been lights out both casted and jigged since the fish have been on sand eels.

Didn’t throw the AVA today....was on a mission to get a fish on a needle. I spent  some time working the needle then swap in a 6” tsunami holo eel to verify there where fish as I worked up the beach. The eel brought up a whole bunch of schoolies 10 or so biggest being a fat 26”. OC Fished an entire tide first light - noon they where all right at the lip.    

Edited by JJ2602
Left out location

Was out this morning starting in that other county again.  Was a bit disappointed to see the water still on the dirty side.  Pulled out a couple and decided to move back to the north.  Water quality much improved.  Found another 4 along with a number of other bumps.  Was told the fish were much more active right at first light.  Guess I started in the wrong place.  Will head there first in the morning.

Caught fish Sunday in the snot and NE to 27" on metal and teasers.  Wasn't that great but landed a handful of fish.  Took off till Wednesday - yesterday was very good again and found an all day bite but with smaller fish, biggest was about 24".  Landed about 20 dropped a bunch more and missed quite a few.  Best thing to do was go to a spot, pick a few, then move on, and keep doing that.  All fish in N and C OCO.  

5 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Two to dark four landed a few numps and tugs. Herring were jumping all afternoon on some micro bait that was in the area. Two caught long and two in tight, 20" to 24".

20191204_151142_HDR_20191204202433244.jpg

Herring or hickory shad???