Sudsy

Fishing reports for December 2019

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

I’m gonna be optimistic and say that this blow will stir things up and get us back to catching fish, albeit rats. Personally, I don’t mind catching small fish cause I fish pretty light tackle. I know some find a Sandeel bite boring but catching fish is never boring to me.

I couldn't fish today wind was blowing. I did see the smaller laughing gulls on something just past the second wave pocket. Let's get back to reports. I know its not prime fishing weather but MD rules? Moderator what's going on here? :) :)

Gave it a shot this AM. 45 min, MoCo, predawn. Light NW wind, beginning of incoming tide. Great surf and suds. The only problem is the water is a bit stained. Tsunami sand eel, 007 Ava with eel trailer, black teaser and blurple paddle tail. Unfortunately, it was my last pre-work outing until next week. I'm temporarily relocated up north for a while. 

Just came back from the beach (drive by, not fishing). MoCo. As DeMonee pointed out, the water is off color, but nowhere as bad as I thought it would be. Good looking white water. High tide is around 12:20. Don't know what the west wind or runoff will do to the clarity of the water, but I may give it a shot early afternoon. 

Was out early in the snow this morning giving it a shot.  Won't stray from the other reports.  Nice rolling surf, just a bit too dirty.  Walked the sand but didn't get a bump.  Sure hope this last storm isn't going to signal the end.  Water should be more fishable by morning.

2 mins ago, MC55 said:

Sure hope this last storm isn't going to signal the end. 

not a chance.  the amount of bait will keep the residents busy.  start fly fishing or bring your trout rod. 

Gave it a shot, 12:15 to 1:15 pm. As others reported from this morning, the water is a little off color, but very fishable. Great white water, with high wave fronts. Very good conditions between wave sets. Not a tap. NW wind is fairly strong, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Tomorrow should be good, weather wise, with temps in low 40s and 10-15 mph out of the west. Water temp at Belmar, this morning, was 50. 

Looks like the little guys are settling back in again. They turned their noses up at the Ava and were attacking a small swim shad. Maybe a half dozen fish and just as many misses. Nice morning out to boot.

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Looks like the little guys are settling back in again. They turned their noses up at the Ava and were attacking a small swim shad. Maybe a half dozen fish and just as many misses. Nice morning out to boot.

In the yak or beach?