Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

This big guy towed me around in my kayak for about 10 min until my hook finally bent and came out... Such a relief too, I had no interest in going hands-on.

That's a 1/2oz spinner, probably strike king.

Resized_20191202_002158_1334.jpeg

9 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

must have had just one of the hooks dug in.

what ya think?

HH

I actually caught that fish!  It's hard to see but the point facing the camera is bent too. If I remember correctly the fish wasn't huge, about 20 pounds.

1 hour ago, Kima said:

I actually caught that fish!  It's hard to see but the point facing the camera is bent too. If I remember correctly the fish wasn't huge, about 20 pounds.

oh,I see,well then it's worth a bent hook,some pliers would fix that.

I didn't notice the other bent hook.

glad you caught the fish.

HH

10 hours ago, sandflea5 said:

Quite a few years ago I had a couple of badly trashed 3/0 trebles hanging on the sun visor of my Carry-all. Was in the parking lot at the Montauk Light. Friend of mine says that's what you get for fishing a locked up drag. I say "no way". So I take a bottle plug with 3/0's on it, stick one leg of the belly hook into the park bench and walk off about 100 feet of line [20 lb. black Ande], and dare him to pull on the rod as hard as he can to bend the hook. Long story short, neither one of us could do much to deform that treble, evan snapped the line. Amazing the leverage a big fish can get on a plug sometimes.

yes,I doubt 20lbs of pull could bend a hook.

HH