DeepCastMike

Finally Back to Fishing

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!! So the last couple months i have not been able to fish. With being laid off, just moving, and my knee surgery its been crazy!! Great news is i have a new job for the last month and it pays more and closer to home.

Anyways i fish the surf at sandy and wanted to start going again like i did 3 days a week. Just wanted to ask whats hitting now stripers still? Whats the bait look like still on eels or bunker chunks? Just wondering.

thanks again

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

Fish the troughs and cuts DCM, there will be plenty of 18-25” fish to catch in the foreseeable future.  And a decent fish is always a possibility. 

Agreed. While the majority of fish left top out at 26" or so, there is still the possibility of keeper size fish around if you're looking to take one home. If you just want to have fun with small fish then grab your fluke gear and have at it. Most fish are in close, no need to bomb a plug a mile out. I'll be out there as much as I can, which isn't much, until it gets too cold.

23 hours ago, cartopper said:

Fish the troughs and cuts DCM, there will be plenty of 18-25” fish to catch in the foreseeable future.  And a decent fish is always a possibility. 

Thanks Cartopper

21 hours ago, chitala383 said:

Agreed. While the majority of fish left top out at 26" or so, there is still the possibility of keeper size fish around if you're looking to take one home. If you just want to have fun with small fish then grab your fluke gear and have at it. Most fish are in close, no need to bomb a plug a mile out. I'll be out there as much as I can, which isn't much, until it gets too cold.

I agree i am going to try to go out as much as possible