Mr. Bigdeal

Jump Seat Cushion......Upholsterer ?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a reliable upholsterer in Somerset or Monmouth County to redo my Jump Seat.......any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Looking for a reliable upholsterer in Somerset or Monmouth County to redo my Jump Seat.......any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Yours is a Jones boat yes?

I did this a couple years ago for the seat cushion in front of the console and the back rest for that. I contacted Donnie and he put me in touch with the guy that does all of his work for the factory. We did the whole thing through emails easy peasy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup....I contacted him also and he told me that my seat dimension were not made any longer for a replacement  ....now just want to get my seat reupholstered. So you sent your cushion down there to be done ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Yup....I contacted him also and he told me that my seat dimension were not made any longer for a replacement  ....now just want to get my seat reupholstered. So you sent your cushion down there to be done ?

No I just sent some pictures of a tape measure across the top of the seat and across the back rest. He made it from the images. 

Cape Lookout Canvas and Customs in NC was the shop. 

Paul was the guy that I dealt with. 

It was a pretty easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So they made you a "New" seat....not just reupholstered the original one.....do you remember, ballpark what it $$$$.

Yes that is correct 

New bench seat with backrest shipped was $384

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but maybe try your local prison. I had my helm seat an bolster cushions done there and couldn't be happier. The pricing was unbelievable and your are helping the convicts in a trade.

 

 

 

IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_6990.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, Wildcard said:

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but maybe try your local prison. I had my helm seat an bolster cushions done there and couldn't be happier. The pricing was unbelievable and your are helping the convicts in a trade.

 

 

 

IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_6990.JPG

That is pretty cool to have that as an option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ha, I'm goin' to a Jersey Prison....Trenton or Northern Sate for a boat cushion....stop drinkin' now.

 

Convicts...................make license plates.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.