Shag

Cordless Tool Set For Christmas Present

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wire For Fire said:

Ya think ? Man now ya got me thinking things .. just found one bare tool 150$ .. was gonna a pick it up later but now idk got me thinking maybe save the money for new table saw lol 

I've got a gasser so I have no need for one. Why don't you pick it up and return it if it kills a battery? 

2 mins ago, Scallywag said:

I've got a gasser so I have no need for one. Why don't you pick it up and return it if it kills a battery? 

Yea figure for 150$ worst case senerio I pass the deal along to someone else if I don’t like it , is almost half price so hard to refuse 

5 hours ago, hobobob said:

If you are not in the trade, how important is it to have a brushless motor vs a regular dc motor?   

I don't think it's a big deal. Brushless are supposed to be less maintenance and lighter. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

HDhas a Makita combo cordless drill set for 179. Has the larger battery, 18V. Added a  DeWALT driver kit for 9.99. Minus 10% discount mil/vet. Have already used them And it’s a pleasure to not have to switch between drill and bit when installing some trim with screws. A drill. (Or 2) are best starting tools for new homeowners/renters. Pretty simple and good to learn on. Makita has a 3 year warranty as well. 

Edited by Good2Go
To late decision made. But a good one I think for a beginner. Nice job Dad!