Guacbowl

Any holiday deals on reels?

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Why are there no good holiday deeds on surf reels?

I am considering options for my new Lami Carbon Surf 9’ M, 1/2 to 3oz:

Saltist 4000 for $150

JDM Spheros SW 6000 for $130

Penn Clash 5000 for $150 (also, not much reading out there on Clash vs Spinfisher VI)

BG 4000 for $80

or just swap my Spinfisher VI 4500ll from my heavy boat spinning every time I go out?

The Ballistic LT 6000 is really intriguing for this setup, but currently out of my price range.... likelihood of finding better deals before spring?

Thanks for the advice

I’m not sure your question is clear - are you looking forward advice on which reels you should put on that rod? Or looking for the cheapest reel you can find? 

slammer down to 180 on the big river.  I think there are some decent deals so far.  I heard talk of a good deal from Penn not too long ago.

Keep your eyes peeled...

16 mins ago, TimS said:

I’m not sure your question is clear - are you looking forward advice on which reels you should put on that rod? Or looking for the cheapest reel you can find? 

Best/cheapest for the rod... Or perhaps: Which reel do you think is the best value for this rod at current holiday prices?

Thanks

I saw the JandH thing and for some of the reels I saw on sale, they didn't let me double dip with the black friday sale 15%...However, these were reels were from vendors listed on their list excluding them from the 15% sale..but on the flip side, I noticed that for some, but not all of the vendors listed on their excluded list, the code works (won't specify vendors)...one of the vendors was one that didn't let me double dip on reels already on sale, but let me apply the 15% to other reels from the same vendor that weren't on sale

Beware the jdm spheros it's not the same as the usdm.... I'd pass on it.  Lower grade internals.. Cast zinc gear if I recall vs forged.  Been awhile since it's been brought up.  I think Alan hawk was the last to point out the difference. 

It's still a good reel with good sealing.  Better than others at the same price though