Rabid Bucktail

Atlantic City Trip

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey NJ anglers I'm coming down from long island and going to AC this weekend. So I'm trying to get a little info without spot burning. I got a hotel on the beach with hope that I could walk onto the beach and have a shot at some bass. I don't remember ever seeing anyone fish the beach by the boardwalk but was wondering, is it allowed? Action has died (for me) around here and I was really hoping to get one last good shot before the winter. Any allowed info would be appreciated!

Good chance on the AC Beaches now, the further north you go on the boardwalk the more dangerous the area becomes, particularly after dark. Get out or stay south of the Convention Center after hours. 

Highlander1 is right, but I’ve never had an issue. The structure has been producing. Early morning on the north end not a safety issue.

So, I’ve been fishing the beaches here seriously for 5 years... I’ve been surfing these beaches since 1982.  I cannot ever remember seeing a sand eel washed up ever. Now, most of that time I was not looking but in the recent year i have not seen any.  Now, by boat, recently the fish have been on sand eel.  Last week, on a super strike needle heavy sinking just after sun up I hooked into a nice fish but short. I’ve never caught a single thing on that plug, but In John S’s book, he claimed the lure is deadly when sand eels are present.

4 hours ago, Acsurf said:

So, I’ve been fishing the beaches here seriously for 5 years... I’ve been surfing these beaches since 1982.  I cannot ever remember seeing a sand eel washed up ever. Now, most of that time I was not looking but in the recent year i have not seen any.  Now, by boat, recently the fish have been on sand eel.  Last week, on a super strike needle heavy sinking just after sun up I hooked into a nice fish but short. I’ve never caught a single thing on that plug, but In John S’s book, he claimed the lure is deadly when sand eels are present.

Yeah Skinner's dead on with needle fish. When sand eels are present and everybody else leaves the beach that were throwing diamond jigs all day because it got dark, needle fish plugs produce big time and you could be catching fish for most of the night sometimes with them. What bait seems to be around that area? Peanuts/adult bunker, mullet, rain bait? I'm guessing I'll be using bucktails and rubber shad the most.

4 hours ago, JimK said:

I have seen people in fishing gear walk through the exit doors at Harrah's by the poker tables...( Spot burn?).

Whenever I've been back there I always think that it looks like a good striper spot.