Evil-Bay

Wrapping it up for the year..

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Seem like there's only a couple of days left to fish.  I think I'm calling it quits for the year after this weekend.  Long forecast shows temperatures in the 30's with snow on the horizon.

When do you all call it quits for the year??

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I wrapped it up earlier than usual this year and was glad that I did. It gave me more time to do other stuff. Usually I fish until it’s too cold to be comfortable on the water and then I pack it in. I hope to get a jump on gear maintenance and repairs as well. Always something to fix.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Usually after thanksgiving for me. Diminishing returns ya know? My last trip was this past Saturday on a private blackfish trip (my first ever). Cold hands, getting sick, long cold nights for sub 20" fish. Leave them alone and let them grow. Bow hunting for me now.

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

When I can I like to stick it out for the whole year. Fish or no fish, I'm just happy to be out, at night, alone and on the water.

20190113_022332.jpg.c5dd44e1b519198b68f8e104eb05e091.jpg

48 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

When I can I like to stick it out for the whole year. Fish or no fish, I'm just happy to be out, at night, alone and on the water.

20190113_022332.jpg.c5dd44e1b519198b68f8e104eb05e091.jpg

Yeah, that’s looks too cold to be fun.

that photo above reminds me of what my norweigan berring sea deck boss used to say :

"i likes to bangs me head against the wall because it feels so good when i stops"

17 mins ago, mark d said:

that photo above reminds me of what my norweigan berring sea deck boss used to say :

"i likes to bangs me head against the wall because it feels so good when i stops"

i like that

Last trip next Sunday AM....Weather permitting (not to cold). Heading out this Sunday AM and it looks like its border line for me. 32 degrees is about the coldest I want top be out there.

I put the summer gear away a month ago and dragged out the surf stuff for a three week stay in Florida this month and then the ice fishing will go until March. We have a good 6-8” of ice but to busy right now to fish.

I think 2 more weeks if you don’t count day trips on unusually warm days till the end of the year. But then some times in January I make a trip just to get my buggy permits.