Not Mar a Lago

Rate this topic

Lagerhead

7 mins ago, jkrock said:

Liz Warren spent the day trying to revoke Medals  of Honor earned by brave US soldiers 130 years ago

Just read that.  A sop to the Indians she pissed off

This bitch is SO done.  You stick em fork in squaw, she done, How.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

13 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Zero, I wasn’t under obligation to. I didn’t have draft to dodge or make up lame fake excuses for. 

I believe having a few family members including my father serve qualifies me to comment on a dodger. 

Ever hear of joining to serve your country. I got drafted, but went and joined, served 3 years. Your obligation is to serve, not wait to be dragged into service, But it was nice staying in your Mom's nice secure house and having fun with your friends. Your no better than what you accuse Trump of doing, at least he had bone spurs, You just played video games. You my friend are the dodger, Your father served, he did the right thing. His service to his country is not your excuse for hiding. I thank your father for his service, you need to get a life.:laugh::laugh:

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

5 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Why do folks have to see bad in something that was done as with good intent? 

If you guys were on the battlefield, you'd being fighting for the same reason, brother next to brother. Ya wanna be angry? Be angry at yourselves for succumbing to the real enemy, the one who wants you to be a hater. 

Sad business men! Good deed are good deeds!

Because jimmy, they believe in nothing, not even in themselves. That's why I call them the stone throwers, just like the one's Jesus called out. There hate is so bad, they can't think between right and wrong. This is why they say stupid comments. There very infantile .:laugh:

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Wow.  Its really sad to see how some people can take something like this, something we have all celebrated in the past, and somehow turn it into something ugly.  Like J said, its not even worth engaging them.  They are speaking a different language and are living in an alternate reality.

Such disrespect can only be grown organically, inside a sad rotten person.  

Also it's the regular morons that make the accusations. J is right, but it's like fighting a cancer, you never give up. Besides there good entertainment.:laugh:

8 hours ago, ihocky2 said:

Bernie Sanders filed as a conscientious objector and then became too old to be drafted.

Biden had 5 draft deferments and was medically classified “1-Y” meaning he could only be drafted in times of emergency due to asthma. Trump was classified as “1-Y” for bone spurs.

So I guess those two can’t be voted for, or I expect the same people complaining about bone spurs will complain about the Democrat draft dodgers.

No! No!! That's different!!!!!!!!

8 mins ago, J said:

Sad fact.... today, just 0.5% of the US population are actively serving.

Less than 3% actually enlist. We are a very small group of patriots. It takes a lot of balls to sign over a blank check to your life.... Something 97% of the population won't do. 

Let those who disparage and haven't taken action talk, we know better. 

When I went in, I was 18 yrs old, I don't think I felt like a patriot to be honest. I felt it would be more of an adventure, and also to get it over with,dumb kid thinking. But once I hit Nam, reality sunk in. Then I just wanted it to end  and get back home. Really  we fought for one another. I look at those years with good and bad thoughts. But I'm glad I served. Just my 2 cents. Hope it makes sense.

My Dad was a WWII pilot. He joined the moment he was old enough, just like his older brothers. Never saw action. The war ended before he had a chance to ship out. 

He died at the age of 49 when I was 10. He was my idol.

He instilled in me a great sense of gratitude for being an American and for the freedoms that came along with that. 

I was taught at a young age along with my 3 sisters and 3 brothers to respect the flag, my elders, especially Veterans, Memorial Day, July 4th, Veterans Day and VJ Day (Victory over Japan still celebrated here in RI) did not pass without us raising and lowering the US Flag with reverence.

He was the reason I was enlisted into the USAF before graduating HS. Knowing the price others paid for the freedoms we all take for granted was my impetus for joining. I wanted to do my part however small that was to give thanks. 

Some of my proudest moments were just mundane acts such as finding myself on base in uniform and hearing the National Anthem playing. Stopping, turning to face the music and saluting.  I wasn't accomplishing anything but the realization I was a small part in what held this great country together and safe certainly made me proud that  I was doing my part and that if asked to do more I would, right up to giving my life. 

I was fortunate to have served during a time of peace. Others were not. Some gave a little, some gave all. Trump is giving right now. Those that never gave a damn thing should shut the hell up. 

Off topic a bit. While going through some of my mom's things, she died last year, we found this flight school card of my dad's signed by General Doolittle...

Pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.  Those not familiar with Gen Doolittle, you should look him up. 

5de12adef0d95_Dadwdoolittle.jpg.015e8f0191e0c3da7bbff74a05f84dc5.jpg

15 hours ago, Rickman said:

Just wondering,  how many years did you serve?

It cracks me up that you actually think applying this argument works for you.

News flash: you voted for Commander Bone Spurs.

Did you ever ask how many years he served?

No, you did not, because hypocrisy means nothing to you people anymore. 

34 mins ago, braden said:

He's serving right now little boy and you're too stooopid to realize it.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

1 hour ago, braden said:

It absolutely works. He can slam Trump on anything he chooses except his service. Same goes for you I would expect. If you had the opportunity to serve an chose not to then **** about him not. And you are correct, I voted for him and will do so again. You can continue to cry, piss and moan because your queen lost. That is the lot you chose.

He has served the last 3 years. Period. Quite honorably. Far more that I suspect you have ever done.

Nothing on the face of the earth is more hypocritical than a liberal.  Just as the salt guy, you are dismissed on any topic IRT Military service.

Edited by Rickman

"In the beginning, God..."
"Blessing come from many directions. Make sure you look around."  Rickman

37 mins ago, braden said:

You might not understand the definition of 'hypocrisy'. 

Criticizing someone for not 'serving' when ones self did not serve is 'hypocritical' to the extreme.  Defending this hypocritical behavior is an amusing undertaking. 

5 mins ago, J said:

5ddd9373afe98_Annotation2019-11-26155938.jpg.55380feb03c0dc993a7a1ff7360da23b.jpg

+1

And, you won't hear a word about him landing in a war zone, and ducking sniper fire.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard