scoobydoo

New Tsunami Salt X Slow motion Casting action with different weights

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Two rods two videos 

9'6 and 11'

Casting consists of 1, 2, 3 ounce weights  cast in 3 different ways.  Short Medium and Long tip drops.

All casts were made with feet planted toes pointed to the target.  

Effort input into the cast I'd rate at 5 out of 10.... which I consider to be a relaxed all day casting stroke.

I literally had half an hour to shoot this at a new spot..and my camera battery went defective and had to run it on a half empty usb power source.  

16 minutes of battery life was staring me in the face at setup.   So the angles and framing are quite a bit rushed.

I'll have the 11 foot video up shortly.

Buy it here  https://amzn.to/2KTwkCR

I was thinking the same thing lol stx6000 come on man!!!  Loads awesome throughout the weight range. I only watched 2 oz and 3 oz.  good job!

Scoobydoo

seems a lot of bend with 2 and 3oz, but would need to feel the rod bend recovery to feel if it spongee or powerful.

What was your idea/feel  of the power of the rod recovery.

Edited by surffshr

48 mins ago, surffshr said:

Scoobydoo

seems a lot of bend with 2 and 3oz, but would need to feel the rod bend recovery to feel if it spongee or powerful.

What was your idea/feel  of the power of the rod recovery.

It's not "spongee"  if you have a smooth casting stroke.  

Which is the case with a more moderate action light graphite rod.

Guys used to fast action rods are going to have to adjust their timing and swing.  Othewise they're going to find themselves way ahead of the cast.

Good video, Scooby. I’ve watched other videos which claim these are among the best rods on the market, at any price. Whaddya think? Are they that good or are they just over hyping another mediocre offering?

1 hour ago, valentine said:

Good video, Scooby. I’ve watched other videos which claim these are among the best rods on the market, at any price. Whaddya think? Are they that good or are they just over hyping another mediocre offering?

I can tell you that after grass casting them.  They aren't the furthest throwing rods In the price range.  But no other modern rods I've thrown today have actions like these.  Which is more for all day real world fishing than "lookie me cast over them thar mountains"......then complain about tennis elbow, a sore back and kidney failure from too much ibuprofen.

There's a lot to like

You get very good components.

Great fit and finish

Unique actions which many have never fished.

And sub 300$ price tag

I never caught a fish on it or threw a lure.  So I can't tell if there's more special sauce inside...

Too soon to tell if they're over hyped.   I think I only saw that video with the florida kid an the tarpon.  That's cool and all but it doesn't make it the best rod.   I don't know what else is out there.

Again..I only grass cast the 9'6 and 11'  and never saw the others in the lineup....they could be gems or turds..... I dunno

I have a prediction.....Some coming from say a St croix premier or blue avid...or some other super fast action rods.......  Are gonna bad mouth these on the the forums....Just wait.... I'll bet the farm  :)    (full disclosure...I don't have a farm)

Edited by scoobydoo

11 hours ago, ASrod said:

You weren’t using the SaltX reel.

doesn't count :p 

Ewwe gross.......That would look way too pro staffy

3 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

I was thinking the same thing lol stx6000 come on man!!!  Loads awesome throughout the weight range. I only watched 2 oz and 3 oz.  good job!

3 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

OK, I'm dense as a Hedgehog......what was I lookin' for other than doing the old rod tip bend on the carpet.

LOL....what if you weren't able to do the rod tip bend on the carpet..............?  

The purpose of this vid is to do nothing more than show the action and how it performs with weights in it's range.  Nothing more nothing less.  

That and provide weights and measures