FishTaco10

Gift ideas for an old fisherman

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

So my father is at the age where his fishing has become much limited.  The knees don't hold up so well anymore or the shoulders for continuous cast and rerieve.. He mainly will drive out to the beach and dead stick when he gets the chance... just Throwing this out there to see what some cool ideas come about that I could maybe buy for him for christmas to maybe make life easier on him. Cart caddies for his stuff for when the truck is not behind him  for example or anything really that might be of use. No gear hes good on that. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving 

Pulling anything over sand is hard.  How he feel about pier and bulkhead fishing. Most them have easy access. I have seem older people ride they trike right up to their fishing spot. 

Haha yea he'll get to a dock but still loves to drive onto the beach and I don't blame him.  Don't get me wrong hes not 95 and would probably still kick my ass if he ever saw this but I think he doesn't go as much anymore bc of the while process... I could be shooting in the dark but was curious of what people came up with. 

How bout a nice fishing hat with big brim all the way around and the neck cover that folds up.check out the Conner hats, I hope you and your pop have a great thanksgiving.bbb

5 hours ago, cartopper said:

How about a fishing trip for the two of you?

I second that I am a bit older a bit broken down but the best gift from my son is time spent together

1 hour ago, bugsbenny said:

I second that I am a bit older a bit broken down but the best gift from my son is time spent together

I second this, the older I get the size of the fish is less important and who I fish with has become more important.

A video and pic of  you two fishing together will last anything you buy him.

Since hes baiting and waiting most of the time, you just get a cooler and a few six packs and enjoy.   

How about this?

cart.PNG

Maybe a portable coffee maker? I use a jetboil flash java for camping. I never really throw chunks, but if I did it'd be nice to have some fresh hot coffee. It's a lot harder to stay warm when not moving around.

Posted (edited)

Get him one of those framed fish prints that he can hang somewhere in his house or in his den. Maybe that way when he looks at it, it will bring back memories of trips you guys have shared together. I always feel like old fisherman usually have everything they need,  or want.

BF427242-2189-4602-A948-0B9D39793B08.jpeg

Edited by Mack26