Mass. House Votes Ban Cellphone While Driving

Rate this topic

flylikabird

Sounds good guys.  I'll look at your suggestions.

Had my first round trip run of several stops this afternoon and didn't have a problem with the mount or phone.   I re-positioned the mount to suction at my lower left hand side of my windshield which I like from a drivers perspective but hope it doesn't bounce out the window during the Summer.  This probably shouldn't happen because my semi new truck has a decent AC unit....and you know I just put the kibosh on that just now.  :D

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

On 11/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, flylikabird said:

There should be a multitasking test during the driving test and if you fail you can't get your licence.   

Implement it in such a way that if you can't overcome this failure you simply can't drive....young or old.

Looks like we found ourselves a pro drive and txter.

When you assume...... thanks a lot tick head.

I don't text and drive.   I pull over and park, then text.

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

8 hours ago, Reed422 said:

Looks like we found ourselves a pro drive and txter.

I actually think a multitasking test is really practical. Driving isn’t a single task. It’s a learned multitasking operation. Operating the pedals, steering wheel, blinkers, wipers, lights, etc. The driving test doesn’t account for things like using gps, adjusting the radio, setting cruise control, operating blue tooth, etc. There’s a lot more to every day driving these days than just keeping the car between the lines and using your signal. 

45 mins ago, JTR said:

I actually think a multitasking test is really practical. Driving isn’t a single task. It’s a learned multitasking operation. Operating the pedals, steering wheel, blinkers, wipers, lights, etc. The driving test doesn’t account for things like using gps, adjusting the radio, setting cruise control, operating blue tooth, etc. There’s a lot more to every day driving these days than just keeping the car between the lines and using your signal. 

Well at least you massholes don’t worry about using blinkers! :)

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

9 hours ago, JTR said:

Don't forget about shifting gears (up to 18 in some trucks) when and when not to use the clutch and of course the Jake Brake...………………  I have spent a considerable amount of time commercially driving trucks of all sorts and a lot of that time I was on the CB radio, is that different than a cell phone?????

headed up 495 a few days ago...half unmarked car in the brake down lane just doing about 10 mph ..then boom he'd take off an pull over a car..all girls on their cell phones...but..but..but I didn't know...of coarse this was just after a 6 car pile up so traffic wasn't moving that fast.

Edited by capesams
info

Just bought two more mounts today for my iphone to attach to my Ranger vents.

First one sux the royal donkey d-i-c-k!

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to try out the next one.

So far I'm batting oh for two!   

I will stop at no more than six.....if not back to holding it.....the phone.