charloots

Another B&T Closing

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Personally,

I rather spend few extra bucks in local shop then support internet business.

but, that just me.

I try to, I go to Bernie's in Sheepshead Bay when I'm in Brooklyn and Causeway off the Wantagh Pkwy when I'm at home. Both good local shops, very friendly and always helpful. I was in Wally world the other day and picked up a few Diamond jigs, doesn't matter what store I'm in if they have a fishing section I'm going to check it out.

On 11/30/2019 at 0:23 PM, LockedDrag said:

Personally I wouldn’t buy from anyone local if I didn’t have to. They always overprice everything. Only if I need it that day or the day after and can’t wait for shipping. 

"Need" and "can't wait" is a large part of what local shops are all about.

And when they're all gone, and you lose out on a day of fishing because there's no bait to be had locally, then you'll understand how flawed the above reasoning is.

7 hours ago, PCstriper said:

...... I was in Wally world the other day and picked up a few Diamond jigs, doesn't matter what store I'm in if they have a fishing section I'm going to check it out.

Thank you for making me feel good.

I am not the only one  shopping in Wally

Edited by Popasilov

6 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

And when they're all gone, and you lose out on a day of fishing because there's no bait to be had locally, then you'll understand how flawed the above reasoning is.

Unfortunately, most of those mama and papas store will be gone.

But, for now, we can try to delay that departure by supporting them.

You don't know what you have until you loose it.

It's sad to see the decline,but the striper situation as well as the internet is putting too much pressure in the not very well run shops.  We have a few in CT that are on the way out,and it will be a shame to see them close..  Owners sell out and new owners don't keep it going the right way to be competitive.

I use to give my shop most of my business,but now with the poor fishing ,I haven't bgt much for several years.

8 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

"Need" and "can't wait" is a large part of what local shops are all about.

I get all my bait from a local Asian market. Native squid and tub of clam is all I need. Not to mention it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than native squid at a tackle shop.