Chuck730ss

Stolen reels

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

please read, this persons gear was stolen..

"Unfortunately I wanted to let you all know that on Friday 11/22/2019 my home was broken into and several items were taken.
I've asked Steve for permission to post this message.
I am a Vom Hofe reel collector and eighteen (18) Vom Hofe reels were taken. In addition twelve Meek reels, two Talbots and multiple brass reels were taken. Furthermore, a grey Orvis bag containing my modern day fly reels, including Abel, Orvis and several more.
Probably the most unique reel that was taken from me was a very rare Edward Vom Hofe 2/0 that had the name "FA Schermerhorn" engraved on the reel. It also had "'87" engraved on the side.
I'm asking for anyone's help that see's this reel or a grouping of these reels for sale. I am in Charlotte, North Carolina. As you can imagine I'm devastated my this loss and any help would be deeply appreciated."
Thank You.

Jerry Kornsey (803) 236 7497.

wow that sucks,friggin' thieves.

makes me wonder whom he had in his home recently or otherwise.

I say that because someone knew what he had,,prolly.

hope he gets at least some of his stuff back.

HH

14 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

wow that sucks,friggin' thieves.

makes me wonder whom he had in his home recently or otherwise.

I say that because someone knew what he had,,prolly.

hope he gets at least some of his stuff back.

HH

agree....someone scoped out the equipment you had and rolled you....if you have teenage/young adult children i would bet it would be one of the "friends"

What a terrible shame.

Those reels are some of the rarest.

Thanks for putting the word out.  Only another crook would

buy them.

I sold a Talbot on Ebay many years ago for $1450.00,  I was shocked.

It was the model # that brought the big bucks.

Best of luck in your recovery efforts.

So sorry to hear that. Be your own detective, scour eBay, Craigslist, auction houses, high end sports equipment dealers and any collectors, persons or places that might deal in this specific equipment. Do this for at least one year. Hope it gets returned.

1 hour ago, dan_d said:

agree....someone scoped out the equipment you had and rolled you....if you have teenage/young adult children i would bet it would be one of the "friends"

yep,had an old friend with whom I used to jam with get jacked hard by a friend of a friend.

he invited a friend over to jam and he brought along his friend whom played drums in another band.

3 days later when my friend got home after work,he found his door unlocked and jimmied,walked inside and found his 4 les pauls and 2 Ibanez RG series axes gone.

instant call to the police and his friend asking about it.

got his full name and tracked him down,he had the guitars in his bedroom all of which were safe and sound.

got his gear back and the FOF was arrested.

beware of what you let see/let inside your home.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

heavy hooksetter that is a fine example....if they didn't take everything in the house (tv's and electronics) it must be someone known to the victim if the criminas took time and stole tons of stuff from the house it maybe a stranger break in..either way the guy above who stated be your own detective is correct it will be hard to resell rare and expensive fishing reels...keep on track of the online sites and pawn shops in a 100 mile radius....i hope you have luck finding the bad guys and getting your gear back...

Very sorry to read this and I do hope the owner/victim is reunited with his property. As others have already said, the perpetrators are  probably people who knew the victim and knew just what he had and  where he kept his stash. It’s really a shame to hear stories like this. 

Damn,

Those are some fine and nice collectable reels.

Must be someone who knows the values.

We all agree on that.

I am sure you reported to police.

Edited by Popasilov