fishhappy

Snowblowers

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, fishhappy said:

About 2026 is the plan. We are buying a lot of land near a Tallahassee, by then it’s beach front

LOL. Good fishing out the front door by then.

Good plan, hang in there. One day at a time! 

I have a 24 inch mtd yard machine from hd that is about 25 or so years old.  Replaced the carb once and now only use ethanol free in it.  Runs great

Still and if it ever breaks i have a duplicate one sitting in my shed I inherited when my sister moved to a 55 plus.  I also take my atv home for the winter with the plow attached for the days I want to act like a kid and have fun or just to clean  up after the plow burys me in.  I am not a florida guy but wife and and I have been talking about it lately to get out of nj to a more tax and gun friendly state.  I'll save that for another thread.

Bought the Ariens 24 SHO.  Not a lot of snow today but enough to throw that wet stuff a long ways!  Heated grips were nice.

1500 out the door with ramps, gas tank and seafoam.  Bought from local hardware store dealer. 

D2D9985F-3C44-49CE-9D0E-171FE5324BAB.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

46 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Bought the Ariens 24 SHO.  Not a lot of snow today but enough to throw that wet stuff a long ways!  Heated grips were nice.

1500 out the door with ramps, gas tank and seafoam.  Bought from local hardware store dealer. 

How much seafoam do you use when filing the tank?

5 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

I have a 24 inch mtd yard machine from hd that is about 25 or so years old.  Replaced the carb once and now only use ethanol free in it.  Runs great

Still and if it ever breaks i have a duplicate one sitting in my shed I inherited when my sister moved to a 55 plus.  I also take my atv home for the winter with the plow attached for the days I want to act like a kid and have fun or just to clean  up after the plow burys me in.  I am not a florida guy but wife and and I have been talking about it lately to get out of nj to a more tax and gun friendly state.  I'll save that for another thread.

That was when MTD didn't have a single China part, probably last until the spare parts run out. 

51 mins ago, The Riddler said:

i'm looking at the 28" version 1199 at the depo

3 hours ago, fishhappy said:

How much seafoam do you use when filing the tank?

Directions say 1oz per gallon. I did 3 ounces in the 2.5 gallon gas container.  Non -ethanol gas place is now 30 minutes away from me.  Sucks....I will just have to do the addictive route and see how it goes.  

Edited by The Riddler

3 hours ago, big popper said:

i'm looking at the 28" version 1199 at the depo

I believe  True Value and Ace will have the 28 at the same price as HD. It may be 100 under too if I remember.  

I paid the extra for the super high output because I need to throw it some distance and we have heavy wet snow normally.  I wanted a machine I could buy once and not have to buy another for a long time. 

New house has two 2-car garages and two lengthy driveways to deal with. So, I finally purchased a snow blower at the age of 53. 

Wanted to deal locally  and ended up getting the Toro Power!ax 824 OE. 

The local ACE hardware returned my call immediately and was able to deliver (free) and demonstrate the operation of it. Showed up right on time in a snowstorm this morning. 

Had and a chance to clear both driveways at noon today which had a good foot of snow plus quite a bit more at the street entrance. No complaints so far.

Big shout out to Shattuck Ace Hardware in Arlington, MA. Great customer service. 

31 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Directions say 1oz per gallon. I did 3 ounces in the 2.5 gallon gas container.  Non -ethanol gas place is now 30 minutes away from me.  Sucks....I will just have to do the addictive route and see how it goes.  

Best by us the premium 97 - 100 is the guarantee. Does the seafoam get rid of ethanol?

39 mins ago, fishhappy said:

Best by us the premium 97 - 100 is the guarantee. Does the seafoam get rid of ethanol?

I am going to follow what the book says.  Sticking with 87 fuel and stabilizer and will turn the fuel off and let it run till it goes out. Makes sense.  It could be a while before I use it again. I did this with my Tohatsu kicker motor on the boat and never had an issue until I forgot to do it and had to take apart the carbs. 

3135920F-1B41-4826-A85F-CD89A6171136.jpeg

0560CDAD-5EBE-446D-93BE-3BD53FEB8472.jpeg

Edited by The Riddler

I started it up turn the source fuel off and it ran for about 2 minutes and spurted out.  I want to see what this little bitch does in 12" of heavy wet snow. Bring it on!

ED295BCD-C0C2-490E-9638-76CBD37D1F2B.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

I am going to follow what the book says.  Sticking with 87 fuel and stabilizer and will turn the fuel off and let it run till it goes out. Makes sense.  It could be a while before I use it again. I did this with my Tohatsu kicker motor on the boat and never had an issue until I forgot to do it and had to take apart the carbs. 

3135920F-1B41-4826-A85F-CD89A6171136.jpeg

0560CDAD-5EBE-446D-93BE-3BD53FEB8472.jpeg

You’re better off to use TruFuel. You don’t have to mix anything and don’t have to run it dry. I buy a couple cans of fuel a winter and don’t have to worry about anything. A few years ago I was using pump gas with Stabil and still had an issue with a carb float sticking. Ethanol sucks and it won’t touch any of my small engines. 
Husqvarna has a new program with their small engines where if you buy 3 cans of their fuel when you buy a chainsaw or blower then your warranty is extended from 2 to 5 years. That shows how much pump gas sucks.