So talk to me about catheterization and stints

Rate this topic

TimS

Tim, whatever they do and to what extent it all comes to please be aware it always the best option. You will come tomorrow to enjoy the outcome. 

everything my wife has been through and us as a couple we wouldn’t want it different based on the procedure that had to be preformed. Life is very short and events again have taught us this. 

Be very grateful it’s caught early and not through the experience of a emergency visit by 911. 

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

you sound like Forest Gump now

During a nuclear stress test Forest Gump is pretty much the idea...go when they say go, stop when they say stop :bucktooth:  

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

everything my wife has been through and us as a couple we wouldn’t want it different based on the procedure that had to be preformed. Life is very short and events again have taught us this. 

:th: 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

5 hours ago, TimS said:

Don’t know, they told me to go...I went...they told me to stop, I stopped. 

On my tests, they will increase elevation of the treadmill for 10% every 3 minutes.

On my very first test I didn't last long, right after 90 seconds my heart rate went to 250 when they, literary, moved me from treadmill and roll me in to operating room to install another stent.

It was a blockage they didn't see before.

That was a year after my heart attack and 2 stents.

My last one was 9 min and 36 sec and the one before was 10 min and 17 sec.

Doctors told me that most of the athletes do between 12 and 15 minutes.

My recovery time was close to 3 minutes

Edited by Popasilov

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 min ago, Popasilov said:

On my tests, they will increase elevation of the treadmill for 10% every 3 minutes.

This one had an elevation change component as well - the speed increased with each elevation change as well. I’m pretty sure I made it through four elevation changes. Three definitely....don’t know how long between changes. 

250...holy crap...it’s a miracle yer still here :scared: 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:44 AM, MickAff said:

Have you had a prostate exam yet......???

IS THAT FRANK OR BELMO?????.jpg   :read:

IS THAT FRANK OR BELMO.jpg

"When I was getting my prostate exam I asked the doctor if I should be worried.."

"Only if you feel BOTH of my hands on your back, he said".

On 11/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, HugeDinghy said:

I am really not looking forward to getting older. I’m not good with medical ****. 

Revenge of the Nerds !!! :laugh:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Tim, i love you. 

Ok, im good. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

4 mins ago, TimS said:

250...holy crap...it’s a miracle yer still here :scared: 

Yep, lol

They told me it was close to 300.

I remember, doctor jump from chair and move me from treadmill. Nurse had a very worry look at her face and start disconnecting all cables.

Then immediately called someone (I found later, chief of cardiology) and start whispering in to phone.All I could hear was heart rate and 300. They hook me up on portable EKG and told me to lay down and rest.

Soon after they roll me in to procedure room. My wife arrived shortly after, they called her immediately (we lived that time 10 minutes from hospital) and we waited for my cardiologist, Dr. Levine, to come, about an hour, who explained me what just happened.

They injected me with (squid) ink and on the big screen he showed me where was a blockage. It was on inside side of heart and it didn't show on x-rays.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

I don’t know how long I was on the treadmill but they kept raising it and speeding it up to try to get my heart rate to 140. I don’t  think it ever did get that high. 
Ended up going for the heart cath were they went in through groin, found one artery 100% blocked and I had grown 2 new ones around it.

1 hour ago, TimS said:

During a nuclear stress test Forest Gump is pretty much the idea...go when they say go, stop when they say stop :bucktooth:  

TimS

They said stop and I said Hell no let's see what I can do. They said your almost at max I said yeah for some average old guy not me so let get more data. I lost that argument. They said they had what they needed and they shut down the machine.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."