So talk to me about catheterization and stints

Rate this topic

TimS

After my nuke stress test and associated images, doctor tells me I need a cath lab to find and identify the blockages in my plumbing. Then we can decide if stents or splitting my chest open is the right answer. I’d like stents to be honest, I have no interests in having my ribs split. 

What has been your experiences with this stuff....any questions I should ask, any procedures better than others? I’m a bit frightened by the whole thing :o

TimS

Edited by TimS
typo in title

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Wow, that sucks, the couple people I've known sho have had stents, said it wasn't that bad, 

Splitting your ribs has got to suck

Good luck bud

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

2 mins ago, seadogface said:

Well it is a good thing you came here to ask our crack(ed) team.

It’s are cracked team :wave: 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

5 mins ago, TimS said:

After my nuke stress test and associated images, doctor tells me I need a cath lab to find and identify the blockages in my plumbing. Then we can decide if stents or splitting my chest open is the right answer. I’d like stents to be honest, I have no interests in having my ribs split. 

What been your experiences with this stuff....any questions I should ask, any procedures better than others? i’m a bit frightened by the whole thing :o

TimS

I was little worried about you. I was in the Toyota dealer a couple weeks ago and there was a lady in front of me as I was waiting to pay, she was just getting plates for a new car. I new I recognized her but not sure from where so i did not say anything. After she left I was sure it was Miss Carole. 

The sale dude was asking about her husband blah blah so I was wondering if you were ok. 

I have not had the pleasure of a Roto rooter but I have been around when my father in law had both stents and cracked chest at different points. Given a choice stents looks like a dental cleaning visit as far as discomfort goes. I’d volunteer for that one. 

5 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Wow, that sucks, the couple people I've known sho have had stents, said it wasn't that bad, 

Splitting your ribs has got to suck

Good luck bud

I’m not interested in then rib splitting thing....fingers crossed they can get to everything with stents :th:

A study just came out this past week conducted by Stanford and NYU medical schools.  It claims surgery and stents were no more effective than lifestyle changes and medication for patients with severe but "stable" heart disease; might be worth a look. 

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it"