Jmat321

High End Ranges - Wolf, Viking, Thermador, etc

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

I'd love to get one, but I don't have gas service. My daughter has one, I think its a thermo king and its nice to cook on. 

18 hours ago, Jmat321 said:

In the market - what do you like and why?

Looking at 48s.

Wolf double wall oven and 6 burner range.

I cant recommend enough.

9 years old now.  But that oven.  After you use it a while, you wont believe how much "regular" ovens suck.

I dont have the griddle for the range, but I have a griddle "top" that goes over two burners.  It works great.

Side note.  Ever seen a La Cornue oven?  I have one rich friend, he just bought one.  You custom order it with whatever configuration you want.  They are building it now.  It ships from Paris WITH a guy to set it up.

He wouldnt tell me what i cost.  Go look, its a thing of beauty.

15 mins ago, Little said:

I cant recommend enough.

9 years old now.  But that oven.  After you use it a while, you wont believe how much "regular" ovens suck.

I dont have the griddle for the range, but I have a griddle "top" that goes over two burners.  It works great.

Side note.  Ever seen a La Cornue oven?  I have one rich friend, he just bought one.  You custom order it with whatever configuration you want.  They are building it now.  It ships from Paris WITH a guy to set it up.

with a guy to set it up? I can only imagine the cost on that. 

1 hour ago, Little said:

I cant recommend enough.

Yes saw La Cornue in the showroom.  Didn’t bother to even inquire about pricing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I wanted my wife to have a Wok cooktop and Thermador was the only one that had it. So that's the one we bought and couldn't be happier. Checkout which stove offers you the options you would like.

Good Luck

Edited by Wildcard

1 hour ago, gray gables said:

with a guy to set it up? I can only imagine the cost on that. 

I saw a used 7 footer in Ebay for 56k

s-l640.jpg

But that comes with the in wall rotisserie:

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Little said:

I cant recommend enough.

Is that the model with the electric convection oven??

2 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

Is that the model with the electric convection oven??

Electric. 2 ovens, the top is convection 

Edited by Little

2 hours ago, gray gables said:

56k? I just got a good laugh out of this. 

Its frickin hand hammered brass!

i bought a wolf  six burner natural gas. If i had the space i would have done  a double wall oven .if i did it over i would have bought the 6 burner gas top electric oven  

In my opinion all of the named brands are over rated.  Look up capital culinarian.  We have had ours for 7 years now along with a electric double wall oven (maestro).  Each burner is 23k btu.   Easy to clean.  Rivals the big names.  There are several videos on you tube if you google it.  Dont know why capital is not a major brand but we are very happy with ours.

Edited by Baccigalup