TLDig

20 years of SOL this month, right?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I found and joined this nut house in 2001, but I had a computer crash. I wasn't real active back then and when I got my new computer, I couldn't remember any of my logon info. I just seemed easier to start over again in 2004. 

Thanks Timmeh for one of the best sites on the internetz. Thanks to all those others behind the scenes to help run things smoothly (mods, admins and long term members).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I joined in 2006.. Other sites have come and gone, but I have to log on this one every day just to see what is going on. I hate it when I miss a day.

Thank you Tim for keeping this site going.

crazy!! I've been part of SOL since Oct 2000, I think member #705. Like many others, I've been a part of a host of other websites, but this is the only one that I feel like it is a part of my life. I still check in here every day, any times a day, granted I rarely venture outside of the rod building forum. I wish the online store was still a thing, with all teh rod building suppliers out there, SOL is #4 in total sales.

Since joining SOL I've: purchased my home, got married, got divorced, and paid my house off

It's a great testament to Tim that this site is still up and thriving. I joined back in 2002 and don't remember anything like it at the time.

I always remember my son's girlfriend walking by my computer and then going into the living room to ask my son why his Dad was looking at Strippers Online.

Thanks Tim for keeping it going all these years. 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:57 PM, TLDig said:

Or am I mistaken?

Wasn’t it in December ? I always thought of December 15th 1999 as the birthdate. (that’s the day I joined)

On 11/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, Stuu said:

Wasn’t it in December ? I always thought of December 15th 1999 as the birthdate. (that’s the day I joined)

perhaps. but knew it was close!

This is one helluva website and Tim does a great job with singular focus and stick to it attitude.  Very impressive.  I joined 2006 when everyone I saw out on the beach was on SOL.  Then I bumped into @CharlieK found out he was on here and that was that.

Things sure have changed out there, but not in here.

Kudos to Tim and the mods.  Thank you!  #gratitude

2 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

This is one helluva website and Tim does a great job with singular focus and stick to it attitude.  Very impressive.  I joined 2006 when everyone I saw out on the beach was on SOL.  Then I bumped into @CharlieK found out he was on here and that was that.

Things sure have changed out there, but not in here.

Kudos to Tim and the mods.  Thank you!  #gratitude

I remember that night like it was yesterday.  I think it was about 1 AM on the Hook and I was alone as usual into a school of small bass when you walked by.  You had your kid sister from out of state with you trying to put her on some fish, but were not succesful yet.  You knew enough surf etiquette not to mug me, but after a little conversation I invited her (not you) to join me.  I pointer her to the spot to cast and what type of retrieve was working and had her into a schoolie one the first cast. It was nice meeting both of you that night and being able to share in our sport was a great and satisfying pleasure. 

I forgot to mention what a great site this has been for me since 2000.  I don't follow any other sites or FaceBook cause this is all I need to scratch that itch.  

You can teach old dogs new tricks and I have learned a few from here and the many great contributors .

Thanks Tim.