TLDig

20 years of SOL this month, right?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Wow!!!!  Made me go back and look.   I joined in 2002.   Have learned soooooo much and gotten soooo much enjoyment from this site.   Met some really cool cats.

then I disappear for a decade and come back and it’s still cranking.

amazing work @TimS  hi @TLDig   

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 years for any website is impressive as heck. To put it in perspective, I joined with my AOL email, switch to Yahoo, then to Gmail, now work, while SOL has remained. For you whipper snappers, it was dial up, and most of us were still using Stren when it started. Not many World Wide Web sites have lasted that long. 

Congrats Tim you have outlasted many, many impressive websites, and have provided us a FREE place to escape and learn. 

Edited by Jason B

Hi Tammy:howdy:

It's a true blessing to be a member here. So many stop by and many choose to stay. 

The best to you Tim and SOL, may there be many more years of sharing and caring! 

Edited by jimmy z

Nice!! Not too many websites have lasted that long.  20 years worth of info here, just learn to use the search function and you will see the overwhelming amount of info here.   Thanks Tim for keeping this site around and updating it. 

Joined September 2000. Also took a “break” for about a decade, when i kinda switched to freshwater fishing. Came back recently and the site is just as helpful now as it was back when I was a newbie. Unfortunately lost track of a few SOL friends along the way (Kurt H, you still out there?). Tim and all of the moderators past and present, congrats on an amazing accomplishment! 

Yeah, Ben Lippen was born 18 years ago in August. Never, ever in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would make so many wonderful friends, and have so many great memories all these years later.  I also was an AOL dial-up newbie. Totally lost on the www back then. 

I've taken a few short breaks, but I have too many friends here to stay away for long. So I am also very thankful that Tim still has it up and running. And has had the ultimate patience to keep this rag-tag band of misfits together for so long.

I'm also thankful, since it's that season, that I was able to be a part of so many wonderful acts of goodness and keeping fisheries alive. 

Thanks once again bossman :th:

I have belonged to several fishing forums since late 90's....many popped up with the resurgence of Bass and many websites have folded because bass fishing is harder now.  Stripersonline just keeps trucking along.  I hope to continue being a member here.  The best place to network with other folks like myself.  You get out of it what you put in. 

16 hours ago, Jason B said:

20 years for any website is impressive as heck. To put it in perspective, I joined with my AOL email, switch to Yahoo, then to Gmail, now work, while SOL has remained. For you whipper snappers, it was dial up, and most of us were still using Stren when it started. Not many World Wide Web sites have lasted that long. 

Congrats Tim you have outlasted many, many impressive websites, and have provided us a FREE place to escape and learn. 

Started with AOL as well.

Dammit, I joined in 2006.... can't freaking remember how..... 

What was my first joke? 

Edited by foxfai