Fishy4335

300 CC Four Wheelers LI?!

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anybody own any 4 wheelers on long island that drive the beach on the south shore? Looking to get a 300cc similar to those in Cabot san Lucas that chase roosters

Edited by Fishy4335

10 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

I am a Long Islander too.  Are quads allowed on the beaches?

Short answer, absolutely not.

The one reason I dont have a quad is because theres literally nowhere to ride them legally unless you have private land (On LI)

6 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Short answer, absolutely not.

The one reason I dont have a quad is because theres literally nowhere to ride them legally unless you have private land (On LI)

I didn’t think so.  I thought that went out with Dune Buggy’s 

So then high powered electric bikes, or a four-wheeler that's electrically charged should work since it's not gas and it's not motorized correct? Motor is different than electrically run

Honestly I'd rather use a quad than my truck for the beach. Less gas, less maintenance, easier to get out IF you're stuck, but you know how it is. Then you get the jerkoffs doing doughnuts, wrecking dunes etc. 

37 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Honestly I'd rather use a quad than my truck for the beach. Less gas, less maintenance, easier to get out IF you're stuck, but you know how it is. Then you get the jerkoffs doing doughnuts, wrecking dunes etc. 

Yeah but it's not for driving on doing just for driving on the actual Beach, I guess people. They should do it for people with fishing permits and for fisherman only.

1 min ago, Fishy4335 said:

Yeah but it's not for driving on doing just for driving on the actual Beach, I guess people. They should do it for people with fishing permits and for fisherman only.

Lol like the current permits are ONLY used by fisherman? Again, people suck.

1 hour ago, Fishy4335 said:

So then high powered electric bikes, or a four-wheeler that's electrically charged should work since it's not gas and it's not motorized correct? Motor is different than electrically run

Motorized is the key word here. Electric or otherwise.

Haha Longisland is the anti-Christ to motorsports. I grew up riding dirtbikes, quads, anything with wheels and a engine. They literally have "ATV Task Forces" nowadays out in the middle of nowhere whos job is just to patrol "trails" and sandpits. Now dont get me wrong this new generation of "bike life" thugs who ride the street doing wheelies deserve everything that comes to them (Half the vehicles are stolen anyway)...but the majority of us that ride powerlines or state land are pretty much treated like meth dealers. There are 2 or 3 tracks but they cost money and are more motocross geared than trail riding obv. I also believe for quads its even more limited. Im sure most of my fellow motorheads know there has been a huge push for years for a few legal trails, as well as the new push for a drag strip for cars. Even local PD is behind it......but it will never happen....because longisland. I can only imagine if you got caught on the beach with a quad or dirtbike, the helicopters would be out lol.

One night I got mugged by a gang of electric bikes...it was a scene straight outta lost boys.

there is no way LI is going to let that fly...because soon enough, we will all have them...I would.