JoeyZac

Need a Cart for the Beach? Good Deal?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

As far as I can see, this seems to be a really good deal at almost 50% off, but I don't know much about carts, so those who do will have to verify...........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JJKK8F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=20bf0fd409ba11ea941dee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Image result for Gorilla Carts GCO-5FSH Poly Bed Fish & Marine Cart 200 lb Capacity, Gray

Looks like it’s more of a boater’s or pier angler’s cart.  I’d be a little concerned about that handle - looks easy to break.

if it’s cheaper than a wheelbarrow at Home Depot...

4 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

As far as I can see, this seems to be a really good deal at almost 50% off, but I don't know much about carts, so those who do will have to verify...........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JJKK8F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=20bf0fd409ba11ea941dee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Image result for Gorilla Carts GCO-5FSH Poly Bed Fish & Marine Cart 200 lb Capacity, Gray

Thanks for sharing Joey,

Always up for a good deal.

Been looking at carts for a while.

Would love to find a good deal on one that works well.

See comments below

1 hour ago, fishweewee said:

Looks like it’s more of a boater’s or pier angler’s cart.  I’d be a little concerned about that handle - looks easy to break.

if it’s cheaper than a wheelbarrow at Home Depot...

I agree about more of a pier cart.

I've been paying close attention to those using carts on the beach this season.

Big balloon tires and a strong, well-designed handle seems to make all the differance.

Someone here posted a way to customize a popular brand beach cart to have 4 of those balloon tires. That seems to be about the best & most user friendly option, for those who can afford it and do the work. It's not cheap or super easy. 

On the otherhand, wresteling a loaded down cart through the sand w/ wheels digging in w/ an awkard / flimsey handle certanly looks like it would seriously detract from the enjoyment factor of surf fishing.

JD

I’ve drug several over the loose sand - the bigger the wheels the better (the big orange balloon tires work best).  Those wheels look like they would be okay on hard packed sand but a job to push/pull over loose sand.  Another question; can you fit your tackle box, ice chest, fish bucket/stool in the cargo area?  I was limited to what would fit into the back storage area of my Ford Edge automobile - would like to have a bigger cart but I make do.  OH

They should make one that has interchangeable wheels.  Hard and soft. On the pull handle they should put a lock on the pivot so the handle could go up or down and lock  Then have a seat that folds down , so you could sit on it.  Or make the front of the cart like a tailgater on a truck, so you could sit on it , once you get to your location.  

fish-n-mate-front-wheel-525_2000x.jpg?v=

I had the anglers fish N mate with the wheel eez. It worked fine.

The axle runs  through welded rings and from there you have pins

to keep everything in place. At times you'll find yourself dragging

it. To make a long story short. The axel isn't secured. It just rolls

on the rings. Can you tell the difference. ;)

fishnmate-jr-balloon-tire-cart.jpeg?v=15

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tailgate opens and You can sit on tailgate.  The pull arm folds down to support  the weight 2F884084-58FE-4F15-8B84-13DF388D9F36.png.87b7ceeb35b8832dee7b53abefa7598a.png

Edited by ccb

Get a Roleez cart.  Balloon tires, expensive but worth it.  For soft sand, I would not consider anything else, especially if you have to go up a dune.  Nice open space, you can customize by adding some PVC rod holders if you want.  I can carry a 40 quart yeti, two large sand spikes, beach chair  and a dry box bungeed down with no issues.  Carry my two heavers velcroed together and pull the cart with one hand.

I built this last winter. It works great, and can carry a ton of heavy gear, even over soft sand, but I already want to do another one that's smaller, and designed just for fishing (this one does double duty as a wagon for beach gear). 

20190413_150933.jpg.9bdc11798569e925fbb65c183ae5c0b7.jpg

Anyone ever try using their ice fishing sled? We don't carry a lot of heavy stuff, but the chairs, stove, food, spikes et.c. take up a lot of space. And the beaches are closed to trucks all Summer because of the plovers.

14 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

It's a test product and you are the beta tester. 

45 mins ago, Stewie said:

Anyone ever try using their ice fishing sled? We don't carry a lot of heavy stuff, but the chairs, stove, food, spikes et.c. take up a lot of space. And the beaches are closed to trucks all Summer because of the plovers.

I think a sled modified with ski would work. Think of it as deep snow condition. 

Too bulky and the wheels aren't suitable for soft sand. Buy something foldable and with balloon wheels. Or modify a golf cart or hand truck. Takes up the whole rear of a Chevy Suburban.