fishnbear

History of Plugmakers / Resources ?

11 posts in this topic

Any good books, articles, resources that talk about the pioneers of striper plug making and the plugs they developed? I've really become fascinated with this and would love to learn more.

Same Subject : who first came up with the eelskin plug ? Any related info and pics appreciated.

Thx T

You should join the Salt Water Lure Collectors Club (SWLCC).  As a member you will have access to their extensive library of history of striper fishing and the plugs that did it.  Roy C , the president of the club is an active member here and may chime in with added info.

14 hours ago, fishnbear said:

Any good books, articles, resources that talk about the pioneers of striper plug making and the plugs they developed? I've really become fascinated with this and would love to learn more.

Same Subject : who first came up with the eelskin plug ? Any related info and pics appreciated.

Thx T

Search online 

Bass dozer plugs

Plugoligy article 

3 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Search online 

Bass dozer plugs

Plugoligy article 

Definitely, also the search bar on this forum is a wealth of information. I use it all the time. 

Also search shorelinebt they have a page dedicated to Antique Saltwater Lures which coves a lot more makers than Bassdozer's article.

20 hours ago, Roy C said:

Dave Dennison is President I stepped down three years ago.

the cost of membership is the same 

Roy, what is the best way to become a member of SWLCC, is there another way to become a member besides mailing in the application form ? 

As of yet there is not anyway to do it online. The only other opportunity is to show up at the show and sign up but that is not till May

so you have  to download the application and mail it in. Do it now and you are good for next year