Mr. Bigdeal

Leader to Braid Connection....

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

It really all Depends, are you trolling the mojos with a three way tandem rig? Or are you fishing them single? But In either case, I recommend tying your braid to a swivle then to a 40-60lb leader depending on how many your trolling (you would use a three way if pulling two). But the knot i like to tie to swivles from braid would be a palomar, and if i was going straight from braid to a leader I would tie a improved albright. 

Edited by bassfanatic
Need to clarify braid to mono knot(I.E. Improved albright)

I always use a swivel and Palomar knots all around. I actually started using a (not sure if this is the name) Improved Palomar, where you double through the swivel and then double the wrap before pulling the swivel through, just feel that it is stronger before I lose a $30 spoon or a mojo

13 mins ago, kevbo1756 said:

I always use a swivel and Palomar knots all around. I actually started using a (not sure if this is the name) Improved Palomar, where you double through the swivel and then double the wrap before pulling the swivel through, just feel that it is stronger before I lose a $30 spoon or a mojo

me too

we don’t troll for bass that much but if we do we use a mojo or river fox jig pre tied with a 4 or 5 foot leader of 60 to 80 # fluoro tied to a barrel swivel.  snap swivel on the braid / main line.  swivel to fight any potential trolling spin issues and -  if one colour or weight etc isn’t working, fast and easy to swap out.

Edited by nicknotsebastian

11 hours ago, ferret said:

FG knot, goes through the guides well and is very strong, hard to tie, use a rizzuto knot to finish it off, I also use the FG knot for tuna leaders

I quit using the FG and went to the sebile.  Much easier, I use it on everything including tuna leaders now.   Slim like the FG, have not had one fail.  Youtube it

Try hollow braid between main line and leader that eliminates knots going thru guides and of course Palomar knot your swivel and all other knots .gorilla glue in minute film will remove any doubt that the hollow braid will slip from the main line 

Edited by Surf bomber

Uni to uni.  I might be doing it wrong but FG always seemed to slip on me.  Might be user error but I can do uni's with my eyes closed and have never had them fail.