Captain Lew

Hopefully

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

24 mins ago, cartopper said:

Not sure what’s more disturbing, the dead fish or the guy was wearing Sandals. 

Its the fact he’s wearing a Brett Hearn shirt.

So right. That guy is so short he should have been thrown back. Shame on the striper for keeping him but I'm guessing he would never have a chance at breeding anyway so no big deal.  

Thank goodness you guys can make me chuckle - otherwise I'd be crying at that pic.  What an effing waste.

Lotsa skill involved in trolling bunker spoons :dismay:

I'm not thrilled about it but I can't get too mad. It's not my fish and it's out of my control. Feel like I can get worked up all day but it won't help none, and the guy didn't break any laws, just maybe some bridges. It's why I remain taking our case to those in charge and imposing new regulations. That's something that's within our control and prevents pictures like this. 

A replicate mount would have been the best option. Skin mounts don't last as long and start looking shabby after a few years. I wouldn't  eat a 67 lb fish imagine wouldn't taste all that good. So keeping it shows lack of good sense 

Posted (edited) · Report post

That's real fishin' boys.  Drivin' a boat, draggin' a hub cap and suckin' down suds.  Fish on!  Great!  No matter the size, we're killin' sumpthin today! 

Meanwhile, last night in FL: released after photo for conservation purposes.  BUT!  It couldn't have been kept anyway because FL regulators really do understand fisheries management -slot is 28"-32" and this'un was 34".  Apologies for the spot burn.

Resized_20191118_221902.jpg

Edited by Jettyhound

So if he caught that bass next year, chances are it would have been drug into the boat, hung on a scale and kept out of the water for five minutes while taking a million Instagram shots of it. Most likely it wouldn’t have survived anyway.   Fish like that need to be released in the water.  I predict a lot of big floaters next fall.